"... Wild Goose Chase!" was a two page game insert in Star Trek Annual 1978. The premise of the game involved the crew of the USS Enterprise collecting technology from six tribes, each living on a different plateau of an alien world.
While in orbit of the planet Klatoor, James T. Kirk, Leonard McCoy and Spock discussed the complexities of their assignment. Temporal disruptions and disruptive magnioactivity limited the use of transporters, so they would use shuttlecraft. Personnel were required to visit six isolated tribes on the surface, each of which possessed a component to a building a device of critical importance to the Federation.
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class heavy cruiser) • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) shuttlecraft (Enterprise shuttlecraft)
Planets and planetoidsEdit
Races and culturesEdit
Materials and substancesEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • doctor • first officer • science officer
- decontamination • energy • government • lifeform • light • magnetism • magnioactivity • matter • microorganism • nation state • planet • races and cultures • radiation • space • technology • time • time deceleration • uniform • universe
- Players rolled dice to determine the number of moves along a board. Experiences along the way to the various tribes included magnioactivity, temporal disruptions, instrument failure, attacks by space wasps, and giant molten lead geysers, which either aided or obstructed players' progress.
- It was not explained how each of the tribes came to have a different piece of technology needed for the cyclonic generator.