The 16th century was a century which lasted from 1501 to 1600.
- The Caeliar city with Erika Hernandez and three of her fellow officers in lands in this year after the devastating events that lead to the destruction of the planet Erigol in 2168.
- The T-Rogorans become warp-capable.
- The Federation space station Deep Space Station K-13 was time-displaced from the Deneva system in the Beta Quadrant in 2270, to the 20 Draconis star system, Alpha Quadrant, in 1570. Its personnel included surviving crew and Klingon prisoners.
- K-13 Chief Engineer Meredith Nichols records a chief engineer's log. On 18 March, Nichols reported the crew was still discussing what to do about the Klingons in the brig.
- On 17 April, a landing party from K-13 visited 20 Draconis III to collect supplied and were observed by the Draconians, a Bronze Age civilization. Nichols recorded in her log that this was a concern for the Prime Directive.
- The crew engaged in a warp booster sled project. On 6 August, Nichols officially ended the failed project. Engineers Yashvi and Arlington were able to shut down the coils and prevent a warp core breach.
- 9 July, the K-13 personnel decided to enter cryosleep. Those who remained awake would live out their lives on Draconis III, including Chief Engineer Nichols, as the station lacked the power and supplies to keep them alive.
- Nichols, security officer T'Von and nurse Dennis Sheridan took the shuttlecraft Sacagawea to an area of Draconis III and set up camp on 9 August.
- On 18 December, Sheridan saved T'Von from a six-legged Draconian predator while she had a bath. They bonded over the experience.
- In her security officer's log, T'Von reported the landing of other aliens on Draconis III, who killed several Draconians, on 21 March.
- On 26 March, ranking officer Nichols decided to discard the Prime Directive and protect the Draconians from slaughter.
- On 29 March, the trio of Starfleet officers began their guerrilla campaign against the aliens, who had put the Draconians to forced labor in crystal mines.
- The Starfleet-Draconian forces took an alien caravan down on 2 April, without suffering losses.
- Nichols believed the aliens to be rattled after an encounter on 7 April.
- She was left injured with a toxin following an attack by the aliens in the night of 9 April. Nurse Sheridan was unable to help her.
- Draconians coming to the Starfleet camp were made to understand that the Starfleet crew were not working with the invading aliens. To Sheridan's dismay, the Draconians decided that the officers were gods. Fortunately, they were able to heal Nichols on 10 April, who recovered over the next days.
- The surviving aliens departed Draconis in the landing craft on 11 April.
- Celebrating with the Draconians, they were convinced that the Starfleet team weren't gods. They returned to camp and decided to retire to T'Von's island, to stay out of Draconian affairs, on 15 April. The Sacagawea would take them there.
- Erika Hernandez is voluntarily infused with Caeliar catoms. Afterwards, she is able to link with the gestalt, although she hides this ability from the Caeliar and instead tries to learn as much as possible. After waiting for 600 years and finally back in her own time, she makes several attempts to flee New Erigol, but never succeeds.
- Roanoke Colony, the first European colony in North America, vanished without a trace. Colonists left behind only one clue to their fate: the word "Croatoan". Even in 2368, the mystery of their disappearance had not been solved.
- The Cardassian Union is officially declared as a single world government with Urrent Gar becoming its first de facto ruler.
- A dispute between two Andorian warlords for control over a trade route at the Tharan Mountains ignites the tribal conflicts once more.
- Hikaru Sulu is sent back in Japan, where he helps rescue the Lady Oneko from a band of assassins who attack her escort. Oneko, who is pregnant, is the youngest concubine of Torii Mototada, the lord of Fushimi Castle. Sulu accompanies Oneko and Watanenabe Sadayo, Mototada's sword master, to the castle, where he swears allegiance to Mototada.
Births and Deaths
- Johanna Metzger commits suicide after realizing that she will be held prison forever by the Caeliar and that there is no chance to ever get back to her own world and time.
- Sidra Valerian dies while the Caeliar, after being pushed by Erika Hernandez, try to infuse catoms into her body; her mind does not link up with the gestalt.
References and Notes
- ST - Destiny novel: Mere Mortals
- TOS novel: Ishmael
- Decipher RPG module: Starfleet Operations Manual
- ST reference: Star Charts
- STO - Agents of Yesterday short story: "Tales from K13"
- STO - New Frontiers mission: "Echoes of Light"
- TNG novel: Grounded
- Last Unicorn RPG module: All Our Yesterdays: The Time Travel Sourcebook
- Decipher RPG module: Worlds
- TOS novel: Home Is the Hunter
Gods of Night
Chapter 20, sections 16 & 17
|Star Trek||1519||novel||Sections after time travel back 650 years, 7 months, 8 days and 11 hours back from 2168|
Chapters 2 & 6
|Star Trek||1519||novel||Follows shortly after preceding events in Gods of Night|
|The Long Night
|Deep Space Nine||1571||novel|
Chapter 12 & Chapter 15, sections 1 & 2
|Strange New Worlds III
If I Lose Thee...
|The Original Series||1594||short story|