The 17th century was a century which lasted from 1601 to 1700.
- On Bajor, the Book of the Kosst Amojan is placed in the Central Archives, and would not be removed for over 700 years.
- During the 17th century, the civilization of Alpha Centauri IV enters an age of reason, where science makes great leaps and moves to the forefront of their society, on the basis of a cultural desire to learn about spiritual matters believed to be contained in key fields of science.
- The Sacred Chalice of Rixx is one of the most valuable artifacts on Betazed.
- Emperor Muro III marries Princess Saeena, then fakes her death so she can live out her extended lifespan on Mila Xa without being regarded as a freak. Three years later, he stages his own disappearance so he can be with her.
- The 67-year old Human Meredith Nichols, living on T'Von's island on 20 Draconis III, contracted a Draconian virus. Nurse Dennis Sheridan was unable to heal her but eased her suffering.
- On 18 May, Nichols passed away and was buried underneath her favorite tree by Sheridan and security officer T'Von.
- Dennis Sheridan passed away on 09 October, leaving T'Von the last Deep Space Station K-13 survivor outside cryosleep.
- The Pueblo Revolt, led by Popé, uprises against the Spanish driving them out of what eventually became known as New Mexico.
- The position of Emperor is removed after a reign of decadent rulers and the Imperial Romulan Senate installs a new leadership called the Praetor.
Births and Deaths
- Elizabeth I of England (1533-1603)
- Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
- Meredith Nichols (2236-1603)
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- Dennis Sheridan (23rd century - 1625)
- Benedict de Spinoza (1632-1677)
References and Notes
- DS9 episode: "The Changing Face of Evil"
- Decipher RPG module: Worlds
- VOY novelization: Day of Honor
- TOS comic: "The Haunted Asteroid"
- STO - Agents of Yesterday short story: "Tales from K13"
- TNG episode: "Journey's End"
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing
- Last Unicorn RPG module: The Way of D'era: The Romulan Star Empire
|Home Is the Hunter
Chapters 1,7, 14, 19, 28, 33, 35, 41, 45 & 48
|The Original Series||September 1600||novel|
Chapter 15, section 3
|Star Trek||c.1613||novel||Described as being 39 years, 5 months and 2 days after preceding events in 1574.|
Chapter 15, section 4