|years:||1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919|
|decades:||1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1916 was, on Earth's calendar, the 17th year of the 20th century, and the seventh year of the 1910s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1916.0 or reference stardate -1/16.
- World War I continues on Earth.
- In an alternate timeline, one of the alien factions fighting in the Temporal Cold War, the Na'kuhl, sent an agent named Vosk to alter history. In 1916, future Russian leader Vladimir Lenin was assassinated. With the assistance of temporal agent Daniels, the crew of the Enterprise (NX-01) was able to defeat Vosk and destroy the Na'kuhl temporal conduit, thus restoring the timeline.
- Masefield's "Sea-Fever" is published.
- 24–30 April
- In the Easter Rising, Ireland's citizens begin an insurrection against Great Britain's rule.
- reference stardate -1/1609.08
- The Orion Registry, 73rd edition, is published.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1916 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1916 deaths|
- 22 April
- Yehudi Menuhin born.
- 3 September
- Eddie Stanky born.
- 4 November
- Walter Cronkite born.
- 22 November
- Jack London dies.