|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1947|
|years:||1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950|
|decades:||1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1947 was, on Earth's calendar, the 48th year of the 20th century, and the eighth year of the 1940s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1947.0 or reference stardate -1/47.
- A Ferengi shuttle used by Quark crashlands near Roswell, New Mexico on Earth after travelling back in time from 2372 to this year.
- President Harry S. Truman signed the National Security Act into law (with the majority of the provisions of the Act taking effect on 18 September). This act created the National Military Establishment and made the United States Air Force a separate branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- Captain James Wainwright was recruited into the newly created Majestic 12, a secret organisation whose mandate was to collect evidence of extraterrestial activity on Earth and develop strategies to combat potential alien invaders, by Professor Jeffrey Carlson.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1947 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1947 deaths|
- Frank J. Tipler born.
- Max Planck dies.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton born.
- Other notable people
- William Blanchard • Walter Haut • Jawaharlal Nehru • Roger Ramey • Chuck Yeager
References and notes
|Little Green Men
|Deep Space Nine||July 1947||episode|
|From History's Shadow
|The Original Series||23 September to 15 October, 1947||novel|