|years:||1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956
|decades:||1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
- Harry S. Truman is succeeded as president of the United States by Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Gaunt Gary operates out of Ames Pool Hall in this year.
- On Earth several films are released, including The Wages of Fear, From Here to Eternity  and Shane, featuring actors Alan Ladd, Jack Palance and Brandon De Wilde.
- Gaunt Gary hustles Willie Mosconi in the Ames Pool Hall in New York City.
- The USSR test their first H-bomb.
- Gambling action is slated at Albany, New York.
- The United Nations holds a meeting in London.
- Benny Russell writes the first of his stories featuring a black space station commander for Incredible Tales Magazine. The refusal of the publisher to print his stories leads to a mental breakdown.
- 14 December
- Doctor James Wykoff begins writing a diary of his experiences with Benny Russell.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1953 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1953 deaths|
- 5 March
- 11 April
- 6 May
- 20 June
References and notes
|Star Trek: Special
When the Stars Come a-Calling
|Deep Space Nine||1953||comic|
|Far Beyond the Stars
Chapters 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 23, 27-29, 31, 36 & 37
|Deep Space Nine||October 1953||episode
|Strange New Worlds IV
Isolation Ward 4
|Deep Space Nine||14 December 1953 - 2 April 1954||short story|