|years:||1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957|
|decades:||1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1954 was, on Earth's calendar, the 55th year of the 20th century, and the fifth year of the 1950s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1954.0 or reference stardate -1/54.
- The Jaguar XK120 ceases production.
- Todor Zhivkov assumes presidency of Bulgaria.
- Angela Franklin graduates Yale University. (TOS - Assignment: Earth comic: "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns")
- Eli Underwood listened to a baseball game in which Willie Mays had tied Adcock for home runs at Ebbets Field. (DS9 novel: Unity)
- In 1954, following Calvin Sutherland's discharge from the United States Army, then-editor of Tinseltown Tattler Chuck Elliot hired him as a staff writer. When Elliot retired, Harold Garner became the new editor. (TOS novel: From History's Shadow)
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1954 births|
- Patty Hearst born.
References and notes
|Strange New Worlds IV
Isolation Ward 4
|Deep Space Nine||14 December, 1953 - 2 April, 1954||short story|