|years:||1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
|decades:||1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
- John F. Kennedy is inaugurated as US President.
- 25 November
- Nuclear fission-powered aircraft carrier USS Enterprise (CVN-65) enters commission.
- The 1961 New York Yankees team played this season. Holographic versions of this team were programmed with their 1961 statistics for play in 24th century Federation holoprograms.
- The city Stalingrad on Earth is renamed Volgograd.
- Angela Franklin ends her tour in Korea, serving with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human in space.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1961 deaths|
- Carl Gustav Jung dies.