|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1974|
- For other uses, see 1974.
|years:||1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977|
|decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1974 was, on Earth's calendar, the 75th year of the 20th century, and the fifth year of the 1970s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1974.0 or reference stardate -1/74.
- 1 Events
- 2 People
- 3 Appendices
- On the 14th, Roberta Lincoln and Gary Seven infiltrate the Russian Embassy. They make it back to New York City by 8:30 P.M. EST on the 13th.
- Disguised as a biologist, researching on genetics, Roberta Lincoln investigates on missing scientists. Together with her employer Gary Seven, she infiltrates the Chrysalis Project, run by Sarina Kaur aiming at creating the next step in Human race: genetic engineered superhumans. Seven and Lincoln manage to destroy Chrysalis, but not without saving the children that were breed there — amongst them a certain Noon Singh.
- Gillian Taylor attends the International Conference on Genetic Research and Experimentation in Rome, and briefly met Lincoln, who was operating undercover at the time.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1974 deaths|
- The Redjac entity kills five women in Kiev, Ukraine. At the time, it inhabited a human host.
- Joel Singer dies.
References and notes
|The Eugenics Wars
The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1
|The Original Series||13 March - 19 May 1974||novel|
Too Many Presidents
|The Original Series||August 1974||comic|
|The Original Series||c. 1974||comic||Short comic published in Too Many Presidents and presumed to take place shortly after the conclusion.|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1974 productions and publications|
- TOS comics: "Project Iceberg" and "Space Cowboy", by Kenner
- TOS coloring book: Star Trek Colouring Book by World Distributors
- "The Eye of the Beholder" is first aired.
- "The Jihad", the final episode of TAS' first season, is first aired.
- TOS novelization anthology: Star Trek 10, by James Blish is released.
- Six fascinating new episodes from the award-winning television series created by Gene Roddenberry. First time in paperback. As the Enterprise hurtles through space, the crew must destroy a ravening, murderous monster aboard the starship; Kirk discovers an incredibly beautiful creature with strange powers of healing; Spock views the forbidden Kollos and goes insane; and more! Star Trek 10. Be sure to look for Star Trek 1 through 9 for daring exploits in the uncharted reaches of the universe! Over 4½ million copies in print.
- TOS comic #23: Child's Play, by Gerry Boudreau
- TOS comic: "Museum at the End of Time" is released in Italian.
- TOS comic: "A World Gone Mad" is released in Serbian.
- TOS comic: "Siege in Superspace" is released in Serbian.
- Star Trek lives on in syndicated repeat airings.
- TOS comic: "Museum at the End of Time" is released in French.
- TOS comic: "The Hijacked Planet" is released in Serbian.
- TOS comic #24: The Trial of Captain Kirk, by Arnold Drake
- TAS novelization anthology: Log One, by Alan Dean Foster
- TOS comic #25: Dwarf Planet, by Arnold Drake
- TOS comic: "Day of the Inquisitors" is released in Italian.
- TOS novelization anthology: Log Two by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- More lively adaptations from television's most popular science-fiction series!
- Complete in this volume
- The Survivor
- The Lorelei Signal
- The Infinite Vulcan
- TOS comic omnibus: Star Trek Annual 1975
- TOS comic: "Day of the Inquisitors" is released in French.
- "The Pirates of Orion" is first aired.
- "Bem" is first aired.
- "The Practical Joker" is first aired.
- "Albatross" is first aired.
- TOS comic: "The Cosmic Cavemen" is released in French.
- "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth" is first aired.
- TAS novelization anthology: Log Three, by Alan Dean Foster
- TOS comics: "The Planet of No Return", "The Devil's Isle of Space", "The Peril of Planet Quick Change", "Sceptre of the Sun" and "A World Gone Mad" are released in Dutch and Finnish.
- TOS comics: "The Ghost Planet", "The Voodoo Planet", "The Youth Trap", "The Legacy of Lazarus", "The Brain Shockers", "The Flight of the Buccaneer", "Dark Traveler", "The Enterprise Mutiny" and "Museum at the End of Time" are released in Dutch.
- TOS comics: "When Planets Collide", "The Cosmic Cavemen", "The Hijacked Planet", "The Haunted Asteroid", "The Mummies of Heitius VII", "Siege in Superspace" and "Child's Play" are released in Finnish.