|years:||1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978|
|decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1975 was, on Earth's calendar, the 76th year of the 20th century, and the sixth year of the 1970s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1975.0, with the reference stardate system beginning this era on stardate -1/75.
- The tanker Edmund Fitzgerald is lost with all hands in Lake Superior.,
- The F-104 Starfighter is taken out of service by the Air National Guard.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1975 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1975 deaths|
Births and deaths
References and notes
- TOS audiobooks: Passage to Moauv, In Vino Veritas, The Crier in Emptiness, To Starve a Fleaver, The Logistics of Stampede, and A Mirror for Futility, by Alan Dean Foster
- TOS audiobook: The Time Stealer, by Cary Bates and Neal Adams
- TOS coloring books: Coloring Book C1856 and Coloring Book C1862
- TOS comic omnibus: Star Trek Annual 1976
- TOS trading card set: Star Trek sticker set, by Morris
- TOS comic: "The Hijacked Planet" is released in Italian.
- TOS novelization anthology: Log Four, by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- From television's most popular science fiction series!
- Complete in this volume:
- The Terratin Incident:
- The Time Trap:
- More Tribbles, More Troubles:
- Gold Key TOS comic #29: "The Planet of No Return" (reprint of Issue 1) is released.
- TOS novelization anthology: Star Trek 11, by James Blish is released.
- Six amazing adventures from the award-winning television series created by Gene Roddenberry!—On the Enterprise's latest mission an alien presence of unsurpassed beauty invades the starship; an eighteenth-century squire entertains the crew on an uncharted planet; Kirk declares war on the Klingons; and more!…
- ST reference: Blueprints by Franz Joseph is published by Ballantine Books.
- Gold Key TOS comic #30: "Death of a Star" is released.
- The last gasp of a dying star.—The Enterprise is on a mission to the star Isis to observe the death of the stellar body, expected to occur in 48 hours, decimating its star system. While Federation records indicate the system is uninhabited, but Lieutenant Sulu detects humanoid life on the third planet, Isis III—emanating from a single spot, as if the planet's entire population were on the head of a pin!…
- Star Trek lives on in syndicated repeat airings.
- Gold Key TOS comic #31: "The Final Truth" is released.
- TOS novelization anthology: Log Five, by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- Three exciting episodes from television's most popular science fiction series!
- Complete in this volume:
- The Ambergris Element:
- Pirates of Orion:
- Gold Key TOS comic #32: "The Animal People" is released.
- The animal people—they lived like beasts but rebelled like men!
- Gold Key TOS comic #33: "The Choice" is released.
- Gold Key TOS comic #35: The Peril of Planet Quick Change (reprint of issue 4) is released.
- TOS reference: Star Fleet Technical Manual, by Franz Joseph
- TOS comic: "The Hijacked Planet" is released in French.
- TOS comic: "The Planet of No Return " is released in Serbian.
- TOS comic: "Invasion of the City Builders" is released in Finnish.
- TOS comic: "The Hijacked Planet" is released in Dutch and German.
- TOS comics: "Day of the Inquisitors", "The Cosmic Cavemen", "The Haunted Asteroid", "The Mummies of Heitius VII" and "The Perfect Dream" are released in Dutch.
- TOS comics: "A World Gone Mad" and "The Trial of Captain Kirk" are released in German.