|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1976|
- For other uses, see 1976.
|years:||1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979|
|decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1976 was, on Earth's calendar, the 77th year of the 20th century, and the seventh year of the 1970s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1976.0  or reference stardate -1/76.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1976 deaths|
References and Notes
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1976 productions and publications|
- TOS reference: Inside Star Trek LP, with Gene Roddenberry, William Shatner, DeForest Kelley, Mark Lenard and Isaac Asimov
- TOS comic omnibus: The Enterprise Logs, Volume 2
- TOS comic omnibus: Star Trek Annual 1977
- Star Trek lives on in syndicated repeat airings.
- TAS novelization anthology: Log Six by Alan Dean Foster.
- Three exciting episodes from television's most popular science fiction series!
- Complete in this volume:
- The Practical Joker
- Suddenly everything aboard the Enterprise ran amok. Someone or something was up to no good… and it was no longer funny!
- How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth
- TOS anthology: The New Voyages, edited by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath
- TAS novelization anthology: Log Six, by Alan Dean Foster
- TOS comic #36: A Bomb in Time, by Arnold Drake
- TOS comic: "Museum at the End of Time" is released in Portuguese and Spanish.
- TOS comic: "Day of the Inquisitors" is released in Portuguese.
Star Trek lives on in syndicated repeat airings.
- Gold Key TOS comic #37: "The Ghost Planet" (reprint of Issue 5) is released.
- TOS comics: "Day of the Inquisitors" and "The Cosmic Cavemen" are released in Spanish.
- TAS novelization anthology: Star Trek Log Seven, by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- All new adventures of the USS Enterprise… (adapted from the animated series created by Gene Roddenberry)—Another exciting episode from television's most popular science fiction series. Complete in this volume: The Counter-Clock Incident. Commodore Robert April, first captain of the Enterprise, was traveling at warp-speeds toward retirement… a fate worse than death for a seasoned sailor of the spaceways. There didn't seem to be any way to turn back the hands of time—but then nothing is ever certain in the outer reaches of the galaxy. Nothing, that is, except that a Klingon in pursuit means trouble… especially when that Klingon is the wily Commander Kumara!
- TOS novelization anthology: Log Eight, by Alan Dean Foster
- Gold Key TOS comic #39: Prophet of Peace, by Arnold Drake
- TOS comic omnibus: The Enterprise Logs, Volume 1
- TOS novel: Spock, Messiah!, by Theodore R. Cogswell and Charles A. Spano, Jr.
- TOS comic #40: Furlough to Fury, by Arnold Drake
- TOS anthology: The Star Trek Reader, by James Blish
- TOS comics: "The Cosmic Cavemen" and "The Final Truth" are released in Portuguese.
- TOS comic #41: The Evictors, by Arnold Drake
- TOS reference: Letters to Star Trek, by Susan Sackett
- TOS trading card set: Star Trek by Topps
- TOS comics: "The Enterprise Mutiny", "Museum at the End of Time", "The Cosmic Cavemen" , "The Haunted Asteroid", "The Mummies of Heitius VII", "Siege in Superspace", "The Perfect Dream", "Ice Journey", "The Mimicking Menace", "Death of a Star" , "The Final Truth", "The Choice", "The PsychoCrystals" and "A Bomb in Time" are released in German.