|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1977|
- For other uses, see 1977.
|years:||1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980|
|decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1977 was, on Earth's calendar, the 78th year of the 20th century, and the eighth year of the 1970s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1977.0  or reference stardate -1/77.
- Colladium, element #114, is discovered on Earth.
- Athene Donald completes her PhD in experimental physics.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1977 deaths|
References and notes
- TOS movie: Star Trek.
- Star Trek: The Role Playing Game (FASA).
- ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual.
- DS9 novel: The Missing.
- Historical fact.
- ST reference: Star Trek Chronology
- Star Trek: Communicator Issue 135: "First Captain of the Enterprise"
- TOS - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1.
- ST reference: Spaceflight Chronology.
- TOS novel: Excelsior: Forged in Fire.
- ST website: StarTrek.com.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1977 productions and publications|
- TOS comic omnibus: The Enterprise Logs, Volume 3
- TOS comic omnibus: The Enterprise Logs, Volume 4
- TOS comic omnibus: Star Trek Annual 1978
- TOS YA novella : Giant in the Universe, by Kay Wood
- TOS YA novella : Trillions of Trilligs, by Kay Wood
- TOS YA novella : The Truth Machine, by Christopher Cerf and Sharon Lerner
- TOS comic #42: World Against Time, by Arnold Drake
- TAS novelization: Log Nine, by Alan Dean Foster
- TOS comic #43: The World Beneath the Waves, by Arnold Drake
- TOS novelization anthology: The Star Trek Reader II, by James Blish
- TOS comic: "Sceptre of the Sun" is released in Serbian.
- ST reference: I Am Not Spock, by Leonard Nimoy (Ballantine Books edition)
- TOS comic #44: Prince Traitor, by Arnold Drake
- "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child," Shakespeare reported. The Enterprise crew find themselves in full, frightening agreement …
- TOS comic: "The Legacy of Lazarus" is released in Serbian.
- TOS novel: The Price of the Phoenix, by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath
- A new Star Trek experience. The incredible saga of death, destiny and rebirth on a madman's planet. Captain Kirk is dead—Long live Captain Kirk! Spock, Doctor McCoy and the other crewmen of the starship Enterprise experience a stunning double shock. The first, painful blow is Captain Kirk's tragic death. Then, Captain Kirk's miraculous rebirth reveals the most awesome force the Enterprise has ever encountered. Spock is forced into a desperate gamble for Kirk's Human soul agaisnt Omne—the ultimate emperor of life beyond life, and death beyond hell… The price of the phoenix. A nerve-shattering voyage into unknown terror with the starship Enterprise.
- Gold Key TOS comic #45: "The Voodoo Planet" (reprint of Issue 7)
- TOS comic: "Day of the Inquisitors" is released in Serbian.
- TOS novel: Planet of Judgment by Joe Haldeman
- Gold Key TOS comic #46: "Mr. Oracle", by Arnold Drake
- TOS comic: The Gods Have Come!, in Mighty TV Comic Annual 1978
- TOS novel omnibus: The Star Trek Reader III.
- TOS comic: "Museum at the End of Time" is released in Serbian.
- TOS comic #47: This Tree Bears Bitter Fruit, by George Kashdan and Doug Drexler
- ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual, by Eileen Palestine, Geoffrey Mandel, Doug Drexler and Anthony Frederickson
- TOS YA novella : The Prisoner of Vega, by Sharon Lerner and Christopher Cerf
- TOS comic #48: Murder on the Enterprise, by Arnold Drake and Doug Drexler
- TOS novelization omnibus: Star Trek: A Collector's Set, by James Blish (episodes 1-8)
- Fotonovel #1: The City on the Edge of Forever
- Fotonovel #2: Where No Man Has Gone Before
- The life of Captain Kirk is imperiled! Two starship crew members are suddenly endowed with superhuman powers to create ... and destroy!
- TOS comic #49: A Warp in Space, by George Kashdan
- TOS novelization anthology: Star Trek 12, by James Blish
- Fotonovel #3: The Trouble with Tribbles
- The Klingons unleash a strange and deadly plan to take over Sherman's Planet … and are thwarted by the sweetest creature known to man!
- The authentic re-creation of a suspenseful voyage of the starship Enterprise.
- TOS comics: "Death of a Star", "The Animal People", "The Choice", "The PsychoCrystals", "A Bomb in Time", "One of Our Captains Is Missing!", "Prophet of Peace", and "Furlough to Fury" are released in Dutch.