|years:||1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
|decades:||1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1985 was, on Earth's calendar, the 86th year of the 20th century, and the sixth year of the 1980s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1985.0 or reference stardate -1/85.
- United States President Ronald Reagan and Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev meet in the city of Geneva and started a good working relationship.
- Khan Noonien Singh, among others, discover the infamous ozone hole above Earth's Antarctic.
- Jeremy Grayson begins working with refugees.
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning novel Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry is published.
- The spaceshuttle Atlantis performs its first mission.
- 10 July
- The bombing of the Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior will lead to a sailor from Marseille resigning from the French navy to protest against the bombing.
- Noonien leads a rebellion of Augments against the scientists who developed them.
- 27 September
- The Twilight Zone debuts its second series.
- 3 October
- The space shuttle Atlantis launches on its maiden flight.
Births and deaths
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1985 deaths|
- 10 March
- Konstantin Chernenko dies.
- 28 March
- Marc Chagall dies.
- G. Heisen dies.
- 25 August
- Evelyn Ankers dies.
- 10 October
- Orson Welles dies.
- 19 November
- Stepin Fetchit dies.
References and notes
- TOS movie: Star Trek.
- Star Trek: The Role Playing Game (FASA).
- TOS novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1.
- Historical fact.
- TOS novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 2.
- TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky.
- The Official Starships Collection Issue 124: "S.S. Emmette"
- TOS - Khan comic: "Issue 1".
Chapters 16-21, 23, 25-30
|The Original Series||August 8-15, 1985||novel||Admiral James T. Kirk and Captain Spock attempt to rescue Iramahl refugees in this time period, aided by Roberta Lincoln.|
|Star Trek: Khan
Khan, Issue 1
|The Original Series||August 1985||comic||Khan Noonien Singh escapes from the Chrysalis Project in India, and begins laying plans for global conquest. Events take place in an alternate reality.|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1985 productions and publications|
- TOS FASA RPG adventures:
- TOS FASA RPG supplements:
- TOS novel #21: Uhura's Song, by Janet Kagan
- TOS comic #10: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 2: Double Image, by Mike W. Barr
- TOS comic #11: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 3: Deadly Reflection!, by Mike W. Barr
- TOS novel #22: Shadow Lord, by Laurence Yep
- TOS comic #12: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 4: The Tantalus Trap!, by Mike W. Barr
- TOS comic #13: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 5: Masquerade!, by Mike W. Barr
- TOS novel #23: Ishmael, by Barbara Hambly
- TOS comic #14: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 6: Behind Enemy Lines!, by Mike W. Barr
- TOS comic #15: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 7: The Beginning of the End..., by Mike W. Barr
- TOS novel #24: Killing Time, by Della Van Hise
- TOS comic #16: The Mirror Universe Saga, Part 8: Homecoming..., by Mike W. Barr
- TOS comic #17: The D'Artagnan Three, by L.B. Kellogg
- TOS novel #25: Dwellers in the Crucible, by Margaret Wander Bonanno
- TOS comic #18: Rest and Recreation!, by Paul Kupperberg
- TOS comic #19: Chekov's Choice, by Walter Koenig
- TOS comic annual #1: All Those Years Ago..., by Mike W. Barr