|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1987|
- For other uses, see 1987.
|years:|| 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990
(stardates from 1987.0)
|decades:||1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
|centuries:||19th century - 21st century - 21st century|
1987 was, on Earth's calendar, the 88th year of the 20th century, and the eighth year of the 1980s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1987.0.
- Cordrazine, a strong chemical stimulant, was created on Earth in 1987. It is eventually classified as a "autonomic nervous system stimulant" by Starfleet Medical. It was originally used in cryogenic laboratories to stimulate production of epinephrine and norepinephrine in the Human brain, allowing nerve transmission to be restored to the frozen Human body.
- The universal atmospheric element compensator makes a significant contribution to bioengineering, created at the Loonkerian outpost on Klendth in 1987. Spock was quizzed about this in a memory test in 2286.
- According to rumors and reports, Khan Noonien Singh incites a pro-democratic uprising in Korea.
Births and deathsEdit
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1987 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1987 deaths|
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ TOS reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual
- ↑ TOS movie: The Voyage Home.
- ↑ TOS - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Historical fact.
- ↑ DS9 episode: "Past Tense".
- TOS FASA RPG adventures:
- The Strider Incident (1987)
- TOS FASA RPG supplements:
- TOS FASA RPG deck plans:
- TOS video game: The Rebel Universe
- TOS novel #32: Chain of Attack, by Gene DeWeese is released.
- TOS comic #35: The Doomsday Bug!, Part 2: "Stand Off", by Len Wein is released.
- TOS comic #36: The Doomsday Bug!, Part 3: "The Apocalypse Scenario" by Len Wein is released.
- TOS reference/comic: Who's Who in Star Trek, "Issue 1" is released.
- TOS reference/comic: Who's Who in Star Trek, "Issue 2" is released.
- TOS novel #33: Deep Domain by Howard Weinstein is released.
- TOS comic #37: "Choices!" by Len Wein is released.
- TOS novel #34: Dreams of the Raven by Carmen Carter is released.
- TOS comic #39: The Return of Mudd, Part 1: "When You Wish Upon a Star...! by Len Wein is released.
- TOS comic #40: The Return of Mudd, Part 2: "Mudd's Magic" by Len Wein is released.
- TOS novel: Strangers from the Sky by Margaret Wander Bonanno is released.
- TOS novel #35: Rihannsu, Book 2: The Romulan Way by Diane Duane and Peter Morwood is released.
- They are a race of warriors, a noble people to whom honor is all. They are cousin to the Vulcan, ally to the Klingon, and Starfleet's most feared and cunning adversary. They are the Romulans—and for eight years, Federation Agent Terise LoBrutto has hidden in their midst. Now the presence of a captured Starfleet officer forces her to make a fateful choice between exposure and escape. Between maintaining her cover—and saving the life of Dr. Leonard McCoy. Here, in a startlingly different adventure, is the truth behind one of the most fascinating alien races ever created in Star Trek—the Romulans.
- TOS comic #41: "What Goes Around..." by Michael Carlin is released.
- week of 28 September
- "Encounter at Farpoint" is the first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation to be aired.
- Rather than airing on a network, the new series was sold into syndication, to be shown by various local television stations at a time of their choosing. Because of this, the initial airdates of each episode of the series varied throughout the normal calendar week based on the station airing the show.
- TOS novel #36: Worlds Apart, Book 2: How Much for Just the Planet? by John M. Ford is released.
- TNG novelization: Encounter at Farpoint by David Gerrold is released.
- TOS comic #43: The Return of the Serpent, Part 1: "Paradise Lost!" by Michael Carlin is released.
- week of 5 October
- "The Naked Now" is the first regular episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation season 1 to be aired.
- week of 12 October
- week of 19 October
- week of 26 October
- week of 2 November
- week of 9 November
- week of 16 November
- week of 23 November
- week of 30 November
- TOS novel #37: Bloodthirst by J.M. Dillard.
- A class one medical emergency summons the Enterprise to the Federation Outpost Tanis. There, a grisly surprise awaits them. Two of the lab's three researchers are dead, their bodies almost entirely drained of blood. There are no clues. No records of their research. No remnants of their work. There is only the outpost's sole survivor, Doctor Jeffrey Adams. A man with a secret that will rock the very foundations of Starfleet… and a terrible, all-consuming hunger that will bring death to the crew of the Starship Enterprise.
- TOS comic #45: The Return of the Serpent, Part 3: "Devil Down Below!" by Michael Carlin.
- The feeders of… Spock?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.