|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2021|
- For other uses, see 2021.
|years:||2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
(stardates from 2021.0)
|decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|centuries:||20th century - 21st century - 22nd century|
2021 was, on Earth's calendar, the 22nd year of the 21st century, and the second year of the 2020s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 2021.0.
- Baseball player Buck Bokai in the Planetary Baseball League plays a second and final year for the Gotham City Bats. He had 117 games, 417 times at bat, 71 runs, 132 hits, with 29 doubles, 1 triple, 8 stolen bases and 19 home runs. He was responsible for 91 runs batted in and had a batting average of .317.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2021 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2021 deaths|
Births and deaths
- Junior Mance dies.
- Hank Aaron dies.
- Walter Mondale dies.
- other notable people
- Hank Aaron • Buzz Aldrin • Pamela Anderson • Ann-Margret • Margaret Atwood • Drew Barrymore • Barry Bonds • Kenneth Branagh • Naomi Campbell • Charles, Prince of Wales • James Kirk Christopher-Fontana • Joan Collins • Max Allan Collins • Robert Crais • Dax symbiont • Robert De Niro • Cameron Diaz • Athene Donald • Frank Drake • Bob Dylan • Clint Eastwood • Elizabeth II • Shepard Fairey • Vigdís Finnbogadóttir • Heidi Fleiss • Alice Fontana • Bill Gates • Mikhail Gorbachev • Patty Hearst • Lady Gaga • James Lovell • Elle Macpherson • Madonna • John Major • Lee Majors • Junior Mance • Willie Mays • Jennifer McCarthy • Paul McCartney • Larry McMurtry • Walter Mondale • Demi Moore • Elon Musk • Roger Penrose • Derek Redmond • Donald Rumsfeld • Claudia Schiffer • William Shatner • Will Smith • Patrick Stewart • Sharon Stone • Valentina Tereshkova • Frank J. Tipler • Andrew Wiles
References and notes
|This article or section refers to licensed content which has not yet been released.|
|It contains information that may change frequently as the expected release date approaches. For in-universe perspectives, this information may be considered speculation until the source is available.|
- Dates listed here reflect the official release date of publications; prose publications typically become available in the final weeks of the preceding month, but have no set release date; comics do have specific release days, which normally occur at intervals throughout their release month.
- PIC novel: The Dark Veil, by James Swallow.
- "As I utter the words now, we will conduct this tribunal in Federation Standard, in deference to Captain Riker's presence," continued Kastis, "and in the interests of openness with the United Federation of Planets". The judicator said the word as if it was sour to her, ashen and alien on her tongue. She indicated the three shadowy forms around her. "Tribune Delos will observe for Major Helek. Tribune Nadei will observe for Commander Medaka and the Romulan Senate. And our… visiting advocate will observe for the Human captain". Riker shielded his eyes, trying to peer past the light from the glow-globes to get a good look at the person assigned to him, but it was impossible to pick out anything. The shadow gave him nothing, no face, no hint of gender, only uncertainty. He knew little of Romulan legal practices. Was Riker's silent watcher his lawyer, his judge? Executioner, even? He banished that last notion with a grimace. Will Riker stood foursquare behind his every decision, even after everything that had happened over the last few days. What that would mean here and now in this place, he couldn't know. But there would be no obfuscation from him, no wordplay and clouding of the truth. And once again, something came back to Riker, something Picard had said to him, years earlier on their very first mission together. If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are.
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 18"
- The Enterprise receives a distress call from Alpha Centauri and arrives to find a planet in the midst of a deadly global pandemic. But is nature responsible for this new virus, or is there something more sinister at play? The final voyages of the USS Enterprise continue in this new episode from Eisner-winning writer Jim McCann (Return of the Dapper Men) and superstar artist Angel Hernández (Star Trek: Picard).
- VOY - Seven's Reckoning comic: "Symphony for the Damned"
- What has gone from a long simmering conflict has exploded into all-out war. Seven of Nine has chosen her side, but even with her help, victory is not assured, and what will it mean for her place in the crew of Voyager when the dust finally settles? An all-new adventure set during Voyager's amazing fourth season from writer Dave Baker (Action Hospital, F*ck Off Squad, Star Trek: Waypoint) and artist Angel Hernández (Star Trek: Picard - Countdown, Star Trek/Green Lantern).
- VOY - Seven's Reckoning comic: "The Endless Echo of Hate"
- The battle may be over, but the worst is yet to come. Torn between her growing attachment to an alien race and her new commitment to the Prime Directive, Seven of Nine must choose between altering the course of an entire society and her place aboard Voyager in the conclusion to this story set during Voyager's amazing fourth season from writer Dave Baker (Action Hospital, F*ck Off Squad, Star Trek: Waypoint) and artist Angel Hernandez (Star Trek: Picard Countdown, Star Trek/Green Lantern).
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 19"
- A pandemic raging across Alpha Centauri. A powerful enemy aboard the Enterprise. With death lurking around every corner, the crew will face down one of their greatest challenges yet in the shocking conclusion to this episode from Eisner-winning writer Jim McCann (Return of the Dapper Men) and superstar artist Angel Hernández (Star Trek: Picard)!
- DSC novel: Wonderlands by Una McCormack (Gallery Books).
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 20" (IDW Publishing).
- TOS novel: Living Memory, by Christopher L. Bennett.
- While attempting to settle in as commandant of Starfleet Academy, Admiral James T. Kirk must suddenly contend with the controversial, turbulent integration of an alien warrior caste into the student body—and quickly becomes embroiled in conflict when the Academy controversy escalates to murder. Meanwhile, Captain Spock of the USS Enterprise and Commander Pavel Chekov of the USS Reliant are investigating a series of powerful cosmic storms seemingly targeting Federation worlds—unstoppable outbursts emitting from the very fabric of space. Endeavoring to predict where the lethal storms will strike next, Spock and Chekov make the shocking discovery that the answer lies in Commander Nyota Uhura's past—one that she no longer remembers….
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 21" (IDW Publishing).
- TNG novel: Shadows Have Offended, by Cassandra Rose Clark (Gallery Books).
- The USS Enterprise has been granted the simple but unavoidable honor of ferrying key guests to Betazed for a cultural ceremony. En route, sudden tragedy strikes a Federation science station on the isolated planet Kota, and Captain Jean-Luc Picard has no qualms sending William Riker, Data, and Chief Medical Officer Beverly Crusher to investigate. But what begins as routine assignments for the two parties soon descends into chaos: Picard, Worf, and Deanna Troi must grapple with a dangerous diplomatic crisis as historic artifacts are stolen in the middle of a high-profile ceremony… while nothing is as it seems on Kota. A mounting medical emergency coupled with the science station's failing technology—and no hope of rescue—has Doctor Crusher racing against time to solve a disturbing mystery threatening the lives of all her colleagues…
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 22" (IDW Publishing).
- PIC novel: Rogue Elements by John Jackson Miller (Gallery Books).
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 23" (IDW Publishing).
- TOS - The Mirror War comic: "Issue 0" (IDW Publishing).
- TOS - Year Five comic: "Issue 24" (IDW Publishing).
- ST - Coda novel: Moments Asunder, by Dayton Ward (Gallery Books)
- The crews of Jean-Luc Picard, Benjamin Sisko, Ezri Dax, and William Riker unite to prevent a cosmic-level apocalypse—only to find that some fates really are inevitable. Reality itself is under attack. The epic Star Trek: Coda trilogy begins when the unexpected arrival of an old friend triggers a desperate mission to avert a fast-spreading temporal disaster.