|years:||2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257
|decades:||2220s 2230s 2240s 2250s 2260s 2270s 2280s|
|centuries:||22nd century - 23rd century - 24th century|
- The isolated Vulcan colony of the Last-of-all-Cities is discovered by the USS Cortez. Eight weeks later the colony and the surface of its planetoid Darien 224 are destroyed by a psionic weapon used by the Vulcans.
- The USS Enterprise, under the command of Christopher Pike continues its five-year mission:
- First contact and hostilities with the Ngultor.
- A visit to the Marrat Nebula, and the destruction of Project Pharos.
- The Enterprise visits Rigel VII to officiate in the planet's admission into the Federation.
- First contact with the Talosians of Talos IV.
- First contact with the Calligar.
- The Enterprise takes a beating at the hands of USS Cortez, under the control of a group of rogue Vulcans.
- The Enterprise puts in for repairs at Deep Space Station K-12. After a week, she departs on a rescue mission and battles the IKS Varchas in defense of Captain Pike, whom the Klingons were trying to kill.
- On the eve of entry into the Federation, a coup occurs on Rigel VII; the planet's membership is revoked.
- Cadet James T. Kirk reprograms the Kobayashi Maru scenario, allowing him to rescue the ship.
- Los Tirasol Mentir first meets John "Blackjack" Harriman on Alonis.
- The USS Constitution begins its third five-year mission, the first under the command of Captain Augenthaler.
- The Nexus passes through the Alpha Quadrant in its 39-year cycle. No recorded encounters.
Promotions and Transfers
- Cadet James T. Kirk serves aboard the USS Farragut.
- Spock is promoted to Lieutenant (j.g.), and serves as science officer on the USS Artemis.
- Leonard McCoy serves as chief medical officer aboard the USS Richard Feynman. Later that year, he transfers to the USS Koop as a junior medical officer.
- James T. Kirk graduates from Starfleet Academy, and is promoted to Ensign.
- Mia Colt is transferred to the USS Enterprise.
- Claire Thorn leaves her life as a farmer on Prairie, and petitions to be allowed to re-enter service in Starfleet, following a Klingon attack on the agricultural world. Her bid to rejoin the fleet is supported by Christopher Pike.
Births and Deaths
- The entire crew of the USS Cortez save Captain John Stone is killed by a renegade group of Vulcans led by Tagok as they take control of the ship.
- Three crewpersons of the USS Enterprise are killed in the coup on Rigel VII, including Dermot Cusack, who is killed by the Rigellian Talza.
- Kingcome and Shinobi of the USS Enterprise are killed by violent Vulcans on Darien 224.
- Five of the crew of USS Enterprise are killed when the ship is attacked and boarded by renegades from the Vulcan-controlled USS Cortez.
- Tagok, T'Sil and other rebel Vulcans on the USS Cortez are killed by the hand of the Vorl-tak; the weapon destabilizes its host-planet, killing T'Kell, Sutek, and all the Vulcans of Darien 224.
- Kolj, an officer on the IKS Varchas, is killed by the commander, Kaaj, when his crewmate Virka lays blame on him for losing their commander's prey.
- A Klingon assault team hunting for Christopher Pike on Prairie, led by Toth, are killed when Toth's commander, Kaaj, uses Toth's comm-signal as a weapons-lock to try and kill Pike, who was nearby, from the IKS Varchas in orbit.
- Christopher Pike dishonors Kaaj, son of Torg, resulting in a blood debt between the two. Kaaj later tries to have the debt repaid with attempts on Pike's life on Prairie and Temazi.
Images from 2254
References and Notes
- EV comic: "Cloak and Dagger"
- EV comic: "Flesh of My Flesh"
- EV comic: "The Fires of Pharos"
- EV comic: "Our Dearest Blood"
- TOS episode: "The Cage"
- TOS novel: The Rift
- EV comic: "The Flat, Gold Forever"
- TOS novel: The Kobayashi Maru
- TOS movie: The Wrath of Khan
- TLE novel: Serpents Among the Ruins
- TOS - My Brother's Keeper novel: Constitution
- Derived date: no specific reference. TNG movie & novelization: Generations establishes the 39-year cycle of the Nexus. The opening part of Generations took place in 2293, and 39 years prior to 2293 is 2254.
- TOS novel: The Better Man
- TOS novel: Vulcan's Glory
- ST website: StarTrek.com
- EV comic: "Nor Iron Bars a Cage"
- EV comic: "Thanatos"
- EV comic: "Nemesis"