|years:||2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274
|decades:||2240s 2250s 2260s 2270s 2280s 2290s 2300s|
|centuries:||22nd century - 23rd century - 24th century|
- The Klingon/Romulan Alliance comes to an end following the Battle of Klach D'Kel Brakt.
- The Tholian Assembly and the Federation open diplomatic ties.
- Cestus III is admitted into the Federation.
- Gorns are admitted into the Federation.
- Gary Seven theorized that, if the Federation lost to the Tholian Assembly, the galaxy would have been controlled by Tholians in this year.
- The Skorr could have breed an army of up to two hundred billion warriors in this year.
- December: Pavel Chekov works with Dr. Mark Piper at Johns Hopkins University and is suspected in the murder of the latter.
- stardate 2271.0
- The Klingon Empire's F5B-subclass, a variant of the QuD-class bird-of-prey, enters service. In particular, the F5B was a refit of the original F5-subclass frigate with uprated deflector shields.
Promotions and Transfers
- Pavel Chekov is promoted to Lieutenant. 
- Janice Rand graduates from Starfleet Academy. 
- Crewman Shantherin th'Clane transfers to the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701). 
- Nyota Uhura is promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, and assigned to work on the refit of the USS Enterprise under Will Decker.