|years:||2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375
(stardates 49000 to 49999)
|decades:||2340s 2350s 2360s 2370s 2380s 2390s 2400s|
|centuries:||23rd century - 24th century - 25th century|
- 1 Events
- 2 Stories
- 3 Images from 2372
- 4 External link
- early 2372
- The Klingon Empire launches an invasion on Cardassian. The Federation refuses to support their long-time ally in an unprovoked attack and instead condemns the invasion. Chancellor Gowron responds by ending diplomatic relations with the Federation and withdrawing from the Khitomer Accords. Hostilities then arise between the former allies.
- stardate 49301.2 (2372)
- Voyager discovers Q's cometary prison.
- Starfleet Admiral James Leyton launches an attempted coup d'etat against the Federation government, and as part of his plan, sabotages Earth's planetary power system. President Jaresh-Inyo is convinced to declare martial law, but Leyton's plot is halted when revealed by Captain Benjamin Sisko, commanding officer of Starbase Deep Space 9. (DS9 episodes: "Homefront", "Paradise Lost")
- While on Earth at Starfleet Medical headquarters, Odo is infected with a genocidal virus by Section 31. (DS9 episode: "When It Rains...")
- In the ensuing general election, Jaresh-Inyo loses his bid for re-election to Federation Councilor Min Zife of Bolarus, who runs on a platform of increased military security and preparations for the coming war with the Dominion. (TNG novel: A Time to Kill, ST novel: Articles of the Federation)
- After the Ferengi ban Bajor from an auction for the Orb of Wisdom, all Ferengi are expelled from Bajoran Space. This results in a blockade of Bajor by the Ferengi, and eventually Ferenginar declares war on Bajor. Luckily, the situation is defused before there are any casualties, and the orb is sold to the Bajorans. (DS9 novel: The 34th Rule)
- While at the Great Link, Odo unknowingly infects all the Founders with Section 31's genocidal virus. 
Starships launched or commissioned
- Miranda-class USS Saratoga-A commissioned at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards under command of Commander Vincenzo. (DS9 novel: Saratoga)
- Sovereign-class USS Enterprise-E launched from Starbase 12 drydock under command of Captain Morgan Bateson. (TNG novel: Ship of the Line)
- Destroyer USS Bozeman II launched from Starbase 12 drydock under command of Captain Morgan Bateson. (TNG novel: Ship of the Line)
- Stardate 49456.5
- Defiant-class USS Valiant escort commissioned at Antares Fleet Yards in the Antares star system, Bajor sector]. (DS9 episode: dedication plaque)
- Stardate 49827.5
- USS Enterprise-E commissioned at San Francisco Fleet Yards on Earth. (TNG movie: Star Trek First Contact dedication plaque)
- Gul Skrain Dukat's Groumall-class freighter Groumall, destroyed in battle against Klingon bird-of-prey (later renamed Naprem) at Korma. (DS9 episode: "Return to Grace")
- Stardate 49011
- Gul Skrain Dukat's Galor-class warship CDS Prakesh, destroyed by Klingon attack during the First Invasion of Cardassia.
- Stardate 49477
- An unnamed Cardassian dreadnought missile is destroyed by B'Elanna Torres in the Delta Quadrant. (VOY episode: "Dreadnought")
- Captain Cross's Defiant-class escort USS Gallant is destroyed in battle with Cardassians. (Decipher RPG module: Starships)
- Miranda-class USS Samson destroyed in the Pantera Nebula. (TNG - Slings and Arrows eBook: A Sea of Troubles)
- Stardate 49300
- Deep Space 9's Danube-class runabout USS Orinoco is destroyed in a True Way terrorist bombing. (DS9 episode: "Our Man Bashir")
- Stardate 49011
- IKS Prakesh, destroyed during the First Invasion of Cardassia.
- IKS Vortacha, destroyed by a Galor-class warship kamikaze attack during the First Invasion of Cardassia.
Promotions and transfers
- Nog enrolls in Starfleet Academy. 
- Lieutenant Commander Worf transfers to Deep Space 9 as strategic operations officer.
- Fabian Stevens is assigned to the USS Defiant. 
- The senior crew of the USS Enterprise-E is as follows: Captain Jean-Luc Picard, commanding officer; Commander William Riker, first officer; Lieutenant Commander Data, operations manager/second officer; Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge, chief engineer; Commander Beverly Crusher, chief medical officer; Commander Deanna Troi, head counselor; Lieutenant Padraig Daniels, tactical officer/chief of security; and Lieutenant Sean Hawk, conn officer. (TNG movie: Star Trek: First Contact) Also coming aboard are Lieutenant Commander Ranul Keru, Lieutenants Reginald Barclay, Alyssa Ogawa, and Robin Lefler, and Dr. Selar. 
Births and deaths
- In an alternate reality created as part of a wager between Q and Trelane, James T. Kirk was made, through their powers, to be the rightful captain of the USS Enterprise-E in this year. The Kirk that was plucked into this reality by the two Q's powers was around the age he was in the year 2267, during his first five-year mission as captain of the original USS Enterprise. All around had no memory of any possible divergence in reality that placed Kirk in this time period, although Kirk and Deanna Troi had a brief feeling that something was not right. The Enterprise-E set out on it's first mission, and was attacked by Kang's D7-class battle cruiser (unnamed Klingon starships), and severely damaged by unexplained systems failures. Kirk's ability to deal with the situation analytically surprised Q and Trelane, as they had expected him to follow a more predictable course of action. (ST - Unlimited comic: "An Infinite Jest")