|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2388|
|years:||2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391
(stardates from 2388.0, or 65000.0–65999)
|decades:||2350s 2360s 2370s 2380s 2390s 2400s 2410s|
|centuries:||23rd century - 24th century - 25th century|
2388 was, on Earth's calendar, the 89th year of the 24th century, and the ninth year of the 2380s decade. Besides this time period's Human dates, in stardates this era begin with stardate 2388.0 in some systems of dating, and runs from stardate 65000.0 to stardate 65999 in others.
Events[edit | edit source]
Politics[edit | edit source]
- The political bodies of the Romulan worlds of Rator III, Achenar Prime and Abraxas V all position themselves as replacements for the Romulan Senate following the destruction of Romulus and the death of the Senate as a result of the Hobus supernova in 2387.
- The Federation and its allies offer aid to Romulan worlds; response is mixed with some planets willingly taking relief supplies while others suspect Federation trickery. The Federation attempts not to show favoritism to any of the worlds claiming the new seat of the Senate so not to interfere with internal Romulan affairs.
- The Klingon Empire refuses to assist in aid operations for the Romulans, causing further breakdown in relations between the Empire and the Federation. The relationship is thought to be as unsteady as it was when the Klingons withdrew from the Khitomer Accords in 2372.
- Councilor J'mpok demands repentance from the Federation and Romulans for the loss of the fleet led by Worf into Romulan space to face Nero the previous year. Some believe Worf sabotaged the attack in a Federation conspiracy to weaken the Empire. Chancellor Martok rejects these claims, and issues a standing challenge to anyone who dares to insult the honor of a member of the House of Martok.
- A delegation of Orions, led by Melani D'ian, opens talks with both the Klingons and Breen, hoping to establish a treaty to help rejuvenate the Orion homeworld in the Rigel system. In return the Orions offer support, and access to ancient Orion knowledge and treasures.
- Stardate 65776.64
- The Federation News Network reports that the Vulcan Science Academy knew of the threat of the Hobus supernova, but refused to assist the Romulans in preventing the destruction of Romulus. The news causes an immediate outcry, with the Vulcans condemned by politicians and analysts and seventeen independent planets, plus the Federation members Pacifica and Zaran II, recalling their ambassadors to Vulcan. Two days later the Federation Council votes to open an investigation into the Vulcan's refusal to help, and the implications of the Academy's work with red matter.
Starfleet operations[edit | edit source]
- Admiral Kathryn Janeway conducts the first scientific survey of the Hobus system in 2388. For at least the next two decades, Starfleet will continue to send ships on a regular basis to survey the system and attempt to determine a cause for what happened.