Aftershock was a Starfleet Academy novel for young readers, the second book in the The Original Series subseries of Academy novels. Written by John Vornholt, this book was published in September 1996 as part of Star Trek's 30th anniversary.
- Leonard McCoy was a medical student at Starfleet Academy looking forward to the winter break. He was just trying to have some fun when a football game on Academy grounds got out of hand, and all thanks to that upstart cadet named Kirk. Now McCoy is stuck at the Academy during the break. If only Kirk hadn't gotten him into trouble…
- But it's too late for regrets. McCoy has been "volunteered" for the Disaster Relief Service Club. Now he and a humorless Vulcan named Spock are risking their lives to save earthquake victims on the planet Playamar. Constant aftershocks are hampering their efforts, though, and Spock and McCoy begin to wonder: Is this a natural disaster, or are more sinister forces at work?
- Berthold • Clayborne • Delia • Lisa Donald • Hibulta • Inzolar • James T. Kirk • Lechemor • David Andrew McCoy • Leonard McCoy • Milkins • Raelius • Spock • Vrena • Wainwright • Whelan • Wynorski • Ybarra • Yermakov • unnamed Danai
Starships and vehicles
- Nightingale (Miranda-class) • Mead
- Gamming Cavern • Kieman • Playamar • San Francisco • Sunshine Hamlet
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- Disaster Relief Service Club • Starfleet Academy
Science and classification
Ranks and titles
Voyage to Adventure
Hope and a Common Future