- For other uses, see Aldebaran.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Aldebaran|
Aldebaran (also known as Alpha Tauri) is a multiple star system in Federation space, located almost 20 parsecs (65 light-years) from Earth, where it is visible as the brightest star in the constellation of Taurus. This star is in the Aldebaran sector. (ST references: The Worlds of the Federation, Star Charts)
- No history or specifics are established for this location in Starfleet Command III, as its name was arbitrarily selected for a Federation system on the game map by the game software, with random attributes.
System[edit | edit source]
- Aldebaran A, B, etc. (primaries)
- StarTrek.com claims there are "at least" six planets in the system.
Astronomical data[edit | edit source]
Alpha Tauri A is an orange giant while Alpha Tauri B is a red dwarf. Alpha Tauri B orbits the primary at a distance of 97.5 billion kilometres. A reflective trail of mineral and ice debris can be seen trailing behind Alpha Tauri B as it travels along its orbit.
See also[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
|Eta Eridani sector block|
|Aldebaran sector||Aldebaran (Aldebaran A, Aldebaran B, etc.: Aldebaran I • Aldebaran II • Aldebaran III • Aldebaran IV) • Azha • Beta Leonis Minoris (Beta XII-A) • Deep Space Station K-7 • Sherman system (Sherman's Planet) • Traelus (Traelus II)|
|Archanis sector||Ajilon system (Ajilon Prime) • Archanis system (Archanis IV) • Ganalda • Otha|
|Donatu sector||Alhena • Bepi 113 • Cursa system (Cursa) • Donatu (Donatu V) • Drozana (Drozana Station) • Ker'rat system (Ker'rat) • Starbase 157 (Starbase 157 system) • Zibal (Zibalia)|
References[edit | edit source]
- ST reference: Star Trek Maps
- ST reference: The Worlds of the Federation
- FASA RPG module: The Federation
- ST reference: Star Charts
- ST video game: Starfleet Command III