- For other uses, see Algol.
History and specifics
Algol is a variable star. Its cycles were used by Klingons to calibrate one of the dating systems in the realm of Khlaru in ancient times on Klinzhai, where the star was also called Shem. First contact with Karsids took place during the 500th cycle of Algol, in 1486. (TOS novel: Ishmael)
- No history or specifics are established for this location in Starfleet Command III, as its name was arbitrarily selected for a Federation system on the game map by the game software, with random attributes.
- StarTrek.com cites TNG episode: "Encounter at Farpoint" as referencing this system, but the actual episode does not mention it.
|Stars, systems and objects of the Perseus constellation|
|139 Persei (Romulus system) • 218 Persei • 29 Persei • 44 Persei (Zeta Persei) • Alpha Persei • Beta Persei (Algol) • Iota Persei • Kappa Persei • Lambda Persei (Typerias) • Omicron Persei • Perseus Arm • Zeta Persei (44 Persei)|
- TOS novel: Ishmael
- ST video game: Starfleet Command III
- EV comic: "Futures, Part One"
- TOS - Constellations short story: "Make-Believe"
- ST website: StarTrek.com