- 1 Description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
Description[edit | edit source]
- On a world locked deep into an ice age, Kirk and the crew investigate the disappearance of a team of Federation scientists, and discover a long-lost civilization whose only survivor is intent on saving them… even if it kills them!
Summary[edit | edit source]
Captain's log, supplemental… Mister Spock has estimated the most likely location of the science team's base, and we are beaming down. Our arrival point will be on a dry plain that was once the bottom of an ocean!
Captain's log, additional entry… Preparing to leave orbit around Artemys 314 after concluding communications with Federation science team.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Bronson • Christine Chapel • Pavel Chekov • Stuart Hickson • James T. Kirk • Lutz • Leonard McCoy • Pel • Janice Rand • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Toby • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
- Marie Celeste
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
- artificial intelligence • communications • communicator • cryogenics • damping field • distress call • emotional response gadget • holographic guardian • hologram • medical tricorder • memory banks • phaser • pressure chamber • psionic projection • service robot • suspended animation • tricorder • transporter
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
- 20th century • animal • bridge • cell • Celsius • Day of the Restoration • galaxy • ghost • ice age • kilometer • rascal • research team • science base • sickbay • snow • species • spelunking • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • total dehydration • water
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- Kirk suggested that the landing party adjust the suit temperature of their uniforms, as the surface temperature was -140° Celsius. This function was similarly used in TOS episode: "Spock's Brain" after beaming down to the glaciated Sigma Draconis VI.
Related stories[edit | edit source]
- TOS comic: "A Thousand Deaths" – The robot Sustainer protected the surviving members of the Lezze-Eeserk species held in suspended animation in a vault aboard the world-ship Solopziz.
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
#16: "Time Out of Joint"
|TOS comics||Next comic:|
#18 "What Pain It Is to Drown"