- On a world locked deep into an ice age, Kirk and the crew investigate the disappearance of a team of Federation scientists, and discover a long-lost civilization whose only survivor is intent on saving them… even if it kills them!
Captain's log, supplemental… Mister Spock has estimated the most likely location of the science team's base, and we are beaming down. Our arrival point will be on a dry plain that was once the bottom of an ocean!
Captain's log, additional entry… Preparing to leave orbit around Artemys 314 after concluding communications with Federation science team.
- Bronson • Christine Chapel • Pavel Chekov • Stuart Hickson • James T. Kirk • Lutz • Leonard McCoy • Pel • Janice Rand • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Toby • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Referenced only
- Marie Celeste
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
- artificial intelligence • communications • communicator • cryogenics • damping field • distress call • emotional response gadget • holographic guardian • hologram • medical tricorder • memory banks • phaser • pressure chamber • psionic projection • service robot • suspended animation • tricorder • transporter
Ranks and titlesEdit
- 20th century • animal • bridge • cell • Celsius • Day of the Restoration • galaxy • ghost • ice age • kilometer • rascal • research team • science base • sickbay • snow • species • spelunking • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • total dehydration • water
- Kirk suggested that the landing party adjust the suit temperature of their uniforms, as the surface temperature was -140° Celsius. This function was similarly used in TOS episode: "Spock's Brain" after beaming down to the glaciated Sigma Draconis VI.
- TOS comic: "A Thousand Deaths" – The robot Sustainer protected the surviving members of the Lezze-Eeserk species held in suspended animation in a vault aboard the world-ship Solopziz.
#16: "Time Out of Joint"
|TOS comics||Next comic:|
#18 "What Pain it is to Drown"