|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Altair system|
Altair (also known as Alpha Aquilae, Atair, or 53 Aquilae) is a star with an associated star system, located in Federation space, about 5 parsecs (16 light-years) from Earth, where it is visible as the brightest star in the constellation of Aquila. Of the eight planets present, two are class M planets and three are inhabited. (ST reference: Star Trek Maps)
History and specifics
Ruins on the surface of at least one world in this system indicated that the Preservers once inhabited this planet whilst certain locations show evidence that the Vegan Tyranny also had a connection to Altair. (FASA RPG module: The Federation)
- Birth of the Federation referred to this system by the obsolete name "Atair".
- In TNG video game: Birth of the Federation, the orbital configuration of the game map star systems was randomly generated each time a new game started.
- No history or specifics are established for this location in Starfleet Command III gameplay, as its name was arbitrarily selected for a system on the game map by the game software, with random attributes.
On a 24th century viewscreen display of a tactical situation monitor in an alternate timeline where the Klingon Empire was at war with the United Federation of Planets in the year 2366, Altair (specifically, Altair III) was listed twice on a star chart showing Klingon allied forces in relation to Federation positions. (TNG episode: "Yesterday's Enterprise", TNG reference: The Continuing Mission)
- Altair (Alpha Aquilae, primary)
- Altairian devil (drink)
- Altairian flame gem
- Altair sandwich
- Altairian rice wine
- Altair water
- Altairian soup (TOS - The Tholian Webs comic: "Part 1")
|Stars, systems and objects of the Aquila constellation|
|31 Aquilae • Alpha Aquilae (Altair) • Beta Aquilae (Alshain) • Delta Aquilae • Mu Aquilae (Mu Aquilae A (Tyberius)) • Zeta Aquilae (Deneb el Okab)|
|Planets and planetoids:||Altair III • Altair IV • Altair VI • Altair VII • Beta Aquilae II • Zeta Aquilae|