- For other uses, see Apollo.
Apollo was one of the omnipotent Beings who visited Earth thousands of years ago (specifically, in the year 2500 B.C.) and were worshiped as the Greek gods. He served as the god of medicine, poetry, music, prophecy and the sun. As with the other Greek gods, he had an extra organ that allowed the channeling of energy. (ST website: StarTrek.com)
When Human faith in the Beings began to wane, the Beings departed. After centuries, only Apollo remained in the physical realm, waiting alone for humans to find him. (NF novels: Gods Above, Stone and Anvil; Last Unicorn RPG module: All Our Yesterdays: The Time Travel Sourcebook)
Sometime about the 20th century, Apollo was visited by the Worthy, a group of Karimean explorers. When he demanded that they worship him, they refused and he teleported them to a planet in the Claneian system. (TOS comic: "A Rude Awakening!")
In 2267, the USS Enterprise was drawn to Pollux IV by Apollo. Apollo wanted to make the crew of the Enterprise worship him, but he was defeated by Captain James T. Kirk. Realizing that the time of gods was over, Apollo spread himself upon the wind, imploring his fellow gods to take him, and vanished. (TOS episode: "Who Mourns for Adonais?")
Before Apollo's departure, he had impregnated Lieutenant Carolyn Palamas, with whom he had fallen in love. Their daughter was Athena Palamas, but young Athena never got to know her parents as she was sent to Earth. (NF novel: Being Human)
- TOS episode: "Who Mourns for Adonais?"
- TOS comic: "Retrospect" (not named)
- TOS comic: "A Rude Awakening!"
- TOS novel: Home Is the Hunter
- TOS novel: Prime Directive
- NF novel: Martyr
- TNG novel: Q-Space
- NF novel: Being Human
- NF novel: Gods Above
- TLE novel: The Sundered
- STA novel: Maker
- TOS short story: "Brigadoon"
- TOS novel: The Star to Every Wandering
- VAN novel: What Judgments Come (not named)
- VAN novel: Storming Heaven
- TOS novel: The Rings of Time
- TOS novel: The Weight of Worlds