An archaeology and anthropology officer, abbreviated as A and A officer, was a type of science officer assigned to Federation starships in the 23rd century, specifically an officer studying the fields of archaeology and anthropology.
History and specifics
In 2265, Lieutenant Ming Xiong served as the A and A officer on the Vanguard space station. Xiong felt that the appellation "archaeology and anthropology officer" was a misnomer, and that the proper name should have been "X and A", or "xenology and anthropology officer." (VAN novel: Harbinger)
Lieutenant Theresa Errgang served as an A and A officer circa 2268, and participated in the covert cultural observation of the natives of Sigma Niobe II. (TOS - Constellations short story: "As Others See Us")
- ENT - Rise of the Federation novel: A Choice of Futures
- VAN novel: Harbinger
- TOS episode: "Who Mourns for Adonais?"
- TOS novel: Prime Directive
- TOS - Constellations short story: "As Others See Us"
- TOS novel: Allegiance in Exile
- TOS - Star Trek II Short Stories short story: "Under Twin Moons"
- ST reference: The Star Trek Encyclopedia