History and specifications[edit | edit source]
The Armitage-class of ships entered service in the year 2409. The vessels crewed 200 officers and featured a hangar bay fitted with a wing of Peregrine-class attack fighters and a point defense system. This class was based on the Akira-class heavy escort and inspired by the Thunderchild-class heavy escort refit. Having a modular spaceframe, its sections (saucer, hull, pylons and nacelles) could be exchanged with their counterparts from the other Akira-based (sub-) classes: Akira-class, Alita-class and Thunderchild-class, as well as the Norway-class subclass Oslo and the Steamrunner-class subclass Zephyr.
Known vessels[edit | edit source]
primary universe[edit | edit source]
- USS Akagi-A (NCC-62158-A) (STO mission: "Devil's Choice")
- USS Armitage (NCC-92231/NCC-97300) - prototype
- USS Cheron (STO mission: "Fluidic Destruction")
- USS Okita (ST video game: Star Trek Online [Season 9])
- unlabelled Armitage-class starship moored in Earth Spacedock (STO mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
mirror universe[edit | edit source]
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- STO Season 6 Dev Blog #5 Heavy Escort Carrier: Armitage Class at the official Star Trek Online website.
- Heavy_Escort_Carrier article at The Star Trek Online Wiki.