Assimilation², Issue 4 is the untitled fourth issue of Assimilation², the Star Trek: The Next Generation—Doctor Who crossover comic series from IDW Publishing in 2012. The story is by Scott Tipton, David Tipton and Tony Lee, and the art is by Gordon Purcell and J.K. Woodward.
- Soon after Delta IV fell to an attack by the Borg and their new allies, the Cybermen, the Starship Enterprise discovered unexpected visitors had made their way on board the ship. Despite the counsel of Guinan, Captain Jean-Luc Picard remains suspicious of The Doctor and his companions...
Guinan meets the Doctor in Ten Forward. Both are sensitive to changes in time and realize that the Cybermen have altered history in the 23rd century in order to create a 24th century alliance with the Borg. Guinan assures Picard that he can trust the Doctor to help him stop the Cybermen, but Picard has reservations.
Meanwhile, during an assault on Cogen V, the combined Borg/Cyberman fleet unexpectedly reverses course from Sol to the Delta Quadrant. The Enterprise warps to the Cogen system, where the Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams join an away team to investigate the now abandoned and lifeless planet. While discovering many Borg and Cyberman corpses, they are fired on by three indigenous sentry drones. Data and Worf destroy two of the drones with phasers while the Doctor disables the other with his sonic screwdriver and brings it back to the Enterprise for study.
In sickbay, Beverly Crusher and Geordi La Forge analyze a dead Borg and Cyberman, concluding that the two cyborg races fought each other. Video recovered from the drone shows that the Cogenians were kidnapped for cyber-conversion and confirms that Cybermen started attacking Borg during the assault. Long-range sensors show a fleet of wrecked Borg vessels, and Data estimates that most of the Borg cubes seen over Delta IV have been destroyed. Warp signatures show that the remaining Borg ships retreated towards the Delta Quadrant.
William T. Riker believes the Cybermen are pursuing the Borg to their homeworld and wonders if they might be potential Federation allies against a common foe, but the Doctor warns against such ideas. The Borg hail the starship, offering a truce to join forces against the Cybermen, but Picard will not even listen to their proposal.
- Beverly Crusher • Data • The Doctor • Guinan • Geordi La Forge • Jean-Luc Picard • Amy Pond • William Riker • Deanna Troi • Rory Williams • Worf
- Referenced only
- James T. Kirk • Locutus
Starships and vehicles
- Referenced only
- Delta Quadrant
Races and cultures
- Betazoid • Borg • Cyberman • El-Aurian • Human • Klingon • Time Lord
- Referenced only
- Cogenian • Deltan
States and organizations
Science and classification
- android • assimilation • combadge • cutting beam • cyber-conversion • energy weapon • holodeck • long-range sensor • medical tricorder • medscanner • phaser • sentry drone • shields • sonic screwdriver • subspace communication • technology • transporter • tricorder • viewscreen • VISOR • warp drive • warp signature
Ranks and titles
- away team • bridge • chrome • Federation Starfleet ranks (2360s-2370s) • fleet • lifesign • observation lounge • planet • sickbay • slavery • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • Ten Forward • time • transporter room • truce • universe • war • weapon
- Jean-Luc Picard quoted a proverb first written by the Earth philosopher Kautilya in the 4th century BCE. (The enemy of my enemy is my friend article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
- 29 August 2012
- First released by IDW Publishing.
- 26 September 2012
- Collected in Assimilation², Volume 1. (ISBN 9781613774038)
- 5 November 2013
- Collected in the Assimilation² hardcover. (ISBN 9781613777824)
|Assimilation² crossover series|
|Volume 1||Issue 1 • Issue 2 • Issue 3 • Issue 4|
|Volume 2||Issue 5 • Issue 6 • Issue 7 • Issue 8|