- For other uses, see Avenger.
For three full decades, on television and in film, actor William Shatner has portrayed one of the most dynamic heroes of science fiction: James Tiberius Kirk, captain of the Starship Enterprise. Although Kirk appeared to perish at the conclusion of Star Trek Generations, the big national bestseller, The Return, revealed the amazing story of Kirk's resurrection.
Now William Shatner brings his distinctive blend of talents as actor, writer, director, and producer to continue the saga of Jim Kirk's second life -- and to reunite one of the greatest teams of any future century....
A lethal virus, inimical to all conventional forms of plant life, threatens the entire Federation with starvation and dissolution. With the Federation already on the brink of overpopulation, Starfleet's resources are stretched to their limit. Whole worlds and even complete star systems are placed under quarantine, causing interstellar food supplies to run dangerously low, and hostile alien empires to eye the weakened Federation with malevolence. But now, in this moment of Starfleet's greatest need, Captain James T. Kirk, long believed dead, embarks on a desperate quest to find the true source of the mysterious virus.
Elsewhere in the galaxy, Ambassador Spock, his diplomatic efforts stalled by the spread of famine and chaos, returns to his native world of Vulcan to confront a mystery of a deeply personal nature. Did Sarek, his legendary father, really die of natural causes -- or was he murdered? Determined to learn the truth, Spock begins a highly logical investigation that soon leads him to a reunion with a long-lost friend he never expected to see again.
Kirk and Spock, together again, must join forces to save a new generation from an awesome menace unleashed by a ruthless interplanetary conspiracy. Pursued by hidden assassins and aided by old lovers and unlikely new allies, the two heroes risk everything, only to find themselves confronted by the one man who might be able to stop them -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-E.
Full of high adventure and powerful drama, Star Trek: Avenger is an engrossing new Star Trek epic -- and a moving tale of past memories and new hope that only William Shatner could tell.
- Barc • Beverly Crusher • Data • Hugh • Chiton Kincaid • James T. Kirk • Kodos • Geordi La Forge • Christine MacDonald • Andrea M'Benga • Leonard McCoy • Miko • Jean-Luc Picard • William T. Riker • Rolk • Spock • Srell • Stonn • Tarok • Teilani • T'Pring • Deanna Troi
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Alta Vista • Babel • Chal • Fal-lan-tral • Gamow Station • Gonthar District • Plains of Gol • Starfleet Academy • Surak Memorial • Tarsus IV • Vulcan
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Adepts of T'Pel • Binaries • Bureau of Disaster Relief • Central Source • Followers of the Cupric Band • Klingon Empire • Romulan Star Empire • Starfleet • Starfleet Command • Starfleet Corps of Engineers • Starfleet Medical • Symmetrists • Traxton Compound • United Federation of Planets
Science and technologyEdit
- blood • holodeck • nanite • planetary shield • plant • star system • transporter • transporter mine • tricorder • virogen
Ranks and titlesEdit
- The Art of Peace • food • katra • kolinahr • mind meld • norsehlat • planet • quarantine • Starfleet Wartime Regulations • Tral Katra • Vulcan Reformation
- Blood samples are taken from Christine MacDonald, Andrea M'Benga, Barc, Srell, Kirk and Spock which reveals two samples of green blood, three of red blood and one of purple which suggests that Tellarite blood is purple in color.
- Title: Der Rächer
- Subtitle: -
- Publisher: Heyne
- ISBN 345316184X
- Published: 2000
- Psi Phi: Avenger, book cover and information
- Avenger article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
|Star Trek novels by William Shatner|
|Odyssey:||The Ashes of Eden||The Return||Avenger|
|Mirror Universe:||Spectre||Dark Victory||Preserver|
|Totality:||Captain's Peril||Captain's Blood||Captain's Glory|
|The Academy:||Collision Course|
|TOS novels||Next novel:|
Doctor Bashir, I Presume
Gods, Fate, and Fractals
|Voyages of the|
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E)
House of Cards
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2373.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in two other timeframes:
A Flag Full of Stars
Chapter 6, Section 13