Beverly Crusher uses the Enterprise's EMH to perform emergency surgery on a Chelon ambassador.
- Beverly Crusher • Data • Nanimult • Alyssa Ogawa • Jean-Luc Picard • Skute
- Referenced only
- Reginald Barclay
Starships and vehicles
- Referenced only
- Penthara IV
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- biobed • blood pressure • cat • combadge • Denebian slime devil • disruptor pistol • Emergency Medical Hologram • exoscalpel • heart • hypospray • medical tricorder • paraffin • replicator • sickbay • Spot • transporter • turtle • wedding ring
- Beverly Crusher approved the initial funding and development of the EMH project when she was Head of Starfleet Medical. Background data on the EMH were established in "Projections" and "Life Line". Portions of the EMH development were seen in "Doctors Three". Beverly Crusher as Head of Starfleet Medical was given in "The Child" and "Evolution".
- The story gives the stardate as 52501.6 (2375), which would place it between VOY episodes "Gravity" and "Bliss". The Pocket Books Timeline adjusts this date to Stardate 51401.6 (2374) to place it before "Message in a Bottle" (when the EMH Mark II is introduced). A Time to Sow reveals that Crusher kept the EMH Mark I, preferring it to later versions.
- This story is listed as "Bedside Manners" on pg. 617 of Voyages of Imagination.
- The Chelonae are said to have only recently been contacted by the Federation.
|The Amazing Stories
On the Scent of Trouble
The Magnificent Ferengi
|Voyages of the
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E)
The Soft Room
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|