- This article is about the omnibus published in 2013. You may be looking for the unpublished version proposed in 2009, the Star Trek Archives omnibus Best of Klingons.
Best of Klingons is a Star Trek: The Original Series comic book omnibus published by IDW Publishing in October 2013. This volume reprints IDW's Klingons: Blood Will Tell miniseries plus the first story arc from DC Comics' first TOS comic series.
- From solicitations
- Sharpen your bat'leth and prepare for war in this collection of unforgettable Klingon tales from the Star Trek universe. Includes the original 4-part DC start to The Original Series as well as the Klingons: Blood Will Tell series by Scott & David Tipton, this volume is fierce and loyal to the Empire. Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
- DC Comics' first TOS series
- IDW's Blood Will Tell miniseries
- The back cover stated inaccurately that Blood Will Tell comprised six issues.
- Commanders Kor and Koloth appeared in both stories. IDW presented them as they appeared in TOS episode: "Errand of Mercy" and TOS episode: "The Trouble with Tribbles", whereas the DC story depicted them with ridged foreheads.
- A similar volume with the same title was solicited in 2009 as Volume 7 of the Star Trek Archives omnibus series, but had been canceled. The proposed collection would have included DC's first story arc along with DC issues #31 Maggie's World! and #32 Judgment Day!.
- The Blood Will Tell miniseries was also released in its own omnibus in 2007 and in digest size in the Star Trek Omnibus: The Original Series collection in 2010.