- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 3 Appendices
Pava must fight for her life against Kovold, who has been driven insane by an archaeological artifact of the mysterious Viators. Pava is unable to bring herself to kill Kovold, but he destroys the shuttle to try and burn away his dishonor. Pava is beamed away with only a moment to spare and is blamed for the death anyway.
- Edam Astrun • Matthew Decker (24th century) • Pava Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa • Kovold • Li (24th century) • T'Priell/Selke • Warg • Fatimah Goldstein
Starships and vehicles
Races and cultures
- Referenced only
States and organizations
- Federation • First Cadre • Klingon Empire • Klingon Defense Force • Omega Squad • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet
- Referenced only
Science and classification
- anatomy • archaeology • energy • galaxy • lifeform • matter • planet • quadrant • space • star • star system • technology • telepathy • time • universe • weapon
Materials and substances
Technology and weapons
- bat'leth • hologram • shuttlecraft • starship • sword • Sword of Kahless • transporter • Viator artifact
Ranks and titles
- cadet leader • cadet • captain • command division • ensign • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2370s-2380s)
- boot • clothing • corona • Dominion War • gene • government • honor • jumpsuit • locket • nation-state • pants • races and cultures • rank • sanity • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2373-2380s) • title • tunic • uniform
- "Between Love and Hate" was the final Star Trek: Starfleet Academy comic from Marvel.
- As the Marvel series were all ended on what was considered short notice in the publication industry, there were a number of storylines left unfinished. In particular, Starfleet Academy, besides building up to a reveal of some sort of alternate version or resurrected version of deceased lead character Kamilah Goldstein and a powerful new enemy named the Viators, also had yet to reveal the nature of Admiral Pradesh's antagonism of the cadets, as well as the troubled secrets of Kyethn Zund.
- Since the Starfleet Academy series ended with this cliffhanger, there was no resolution to the intentions or nature of the Viator threat. Since Fatimah had previously been portrayed as the alternate timeline daughter of Kamilah Goldstein, who died several issues earlier, it stands to reason that some aspect of the Viator genetic abilities or telepathic transference allowed for a resurrection of sorts to occur and for Fatimah to be born, or that the epilogue (or Fatima's origin) took place in an alternate reality. Given the epilogue's portrayal of Fatimah as a teenage cadet, this part of the story would have had to have taken place in the 2390s decade.
|Starfleet Academy (Marvel SA)||Next comic:|
final issue in series