Bio/Genetic Research, Inc., also known as BioGen, was a company based on the planet Terra that was formed in 0/0201.7 shortly after the Eugenics Wars. It was situated in London and its chartering organization later became the Securities and Exchange Commission of the United Federation of Planets.
The formation of the business came during initial research into radiation sickness which led to the creation of a genetically engineered compound to retard its effects known as Hydronilen. Amongst the test subjects for the compound, over 90% of subjects experienced remission in their symptoms. In later years, Bio/Genetic Research began experimenting with creating genetically tailored micro-organisms used for the creation of new synthetic compounds for agricultural, medicinal and industrial needs.
Bio/Genetic Research, Inc. in later opened offices as well as research laboratories on 13 Federation worlds and it was estimated that they hired one out of ten Federation geneticists that graduated from major planetary institutions each year. By the early 23rd century, the corporations President was Victoria Demoiselle and the BioGen Radionics division was headed by Laura Patterson-Smythe. (FASA RPG module: The Federation)
By reference stardate 2/2301, despite its historic lead in recombinant DNA research, the company found itself challenged in the stock market. (FASA RPG module: Trader Captains and Merchant Princes (1st edition))
- Victoria Demoiselle, president
- Laura Patterson-Smythe, head of BioGen Radionics division
- Fenton Krause, lab administrator
- David Cohen, chief researcher (botanist)
- Sanak, associate researcher (zoologist)
- Caroline Nakamura, associate researcher (botanist)
- Lisa Marchant-Smith, assistant researcher (technician)
- Denis Sun-Toucher, assistant researcher (technician)