"Boldly They Rode" is a cross-faction mission in Star Trek Online. It is the fifth and final mission of the feature episode "The 2800", which was incorporated into the "Cardassian Struggle" and "Dominion Domination" episodes at the end of its original run.
The mission's name is a quotation from the third stanza of Alfred, Lord Tennyson's poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade", in reference to Lieutenant Dr. Julian Bashir and Senior Chief Petty Officer Miles O'Brien quoting the stanza in its entirety before engaging the Dominion and Cardassian Guard forces during Operation Return in the DS9 episode "Sacrifice of Angels".
Despite being cross-faction in and of itself "Boldly They Rode" is the chronologically last mission belonging to a non-cross-faction episode. Subsequent missions, beginning with "Report to Gamma Orionis" in the "Borg Advance" arc, are all cross-faction.
- 1 Description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
Description[edit | edit source]
Federation and allied Romulan[edit | edit source]
Now that we have the aid of one of the Founders, we should have no trouble convincing the Jem'Hadar at Deep Space 9 to stand down and return to the Gamma Quadrant. Starfleet and the Klingon Empire are assembling a unified fleet to garrison the station and repair the damage from the battle. We want you to go with the Founder to negotiate the surrender of the remaining Jem'Hadar.
Rendezvous with a Jem'Hadar ship near Deep Space 9. You'll represent the interests of the Alpha Quadrant, but this should be a simple formality.
Klingon Empire and allied Romulan[edit | edit source]
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
Summary[edit | edit source]
The player character meets Eraun and the female Changeling near Deep Space 9 and hails the station. The Changeling orders Loriss to tell Kar'ukan to stand his troops down, but the first refuses, stating that the only glory left for him and his men is death.
The player character has the idea to board the station via spacewalk to surgically eliminate Kar'ukan in the hopes that his Second will be more reasonable. Wearing an environmental suit, they travel along the exterior of the station, avoiding traps and disabling subsystems. Along the way a B'rel-class bird-of-prey jumps the gun on the attack and is shot down by Jem'Hadar attack ships, crashing into the station; the player must evade a secondary explosion. They also destroy another attack ship with the station's photon torpedo launchers.
The player eventually reaches an airlock and battles their way to Ops, entering via the back door to the commanding officer's office. They attack Kar'ukan and severely wound him, but the Jem'Hadar beams away to his flagship, a Jem'Hadar dreadnought carrier.
The player returns to their starship and the fleet is forced to engage the Jem'Hadar occupiers at full strength. Initially the battle goes poorly due to the enemy's numerical advantage, but then Captain Va'Kel Shon arrives with additional reinforcements, leading the way in the newly launched USS Enterprise-F. Eventually Kar'ukan's ship is destroyed and the remaining Jem'Hadar and Vorta surrender and return to the Gamma Quadrant.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Mesi Achebe • Eraun • female Changeling • Kar'ukan • James Kurland • Kyona • Loriss • Phillipa Matthias • Va'Kel Shon • Tem Inasi • Samuel Winters
- Referenced only
- Kira Nerys
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- B'rel-class bird-of-prey • Federation cruiser (random) • Federation escort (random) • Federation frigate (random) • Federation science vessel (random) • Jem'Hadar attack ship • Jem'Hadar heavy escort • Jem'Hadar battleship • Jem'Hadar dreadnought carrier • Klingon bird-of-prey (random) • Klingon battle cruiser (random) • Raptor escort (random) • USS Defiant (Defiant-class) • USS Enterprise-F (Odyssey-class) • Vessel 6474 (Jem'Hadar battlecruiser)
- Referenced only
- USS Belfast (Defiant-class)
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Technology and weapons[edit | edit source]
- airlock • environmental suit • force field • photon torpedo • sensor array • subspace communication • torpedo launcher • transporter
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background information[edit | edit source]
- This mission is the first appearance of the USS Enterprise-F, as well as that of two members of its command staff, Commander Phillipa Matthias and Lieutenant Commander Tem Inasi, all of whom have non-speaking roles in the cutscene that plays when the Enterprise warps in.
- Star Trek Magazine #41's STO short story "Shakedown" takes place immediately before the final battle in this mission.