Summary[edit | edit source]
The scroll tells the story of the interactions of the natives of Maltos IV with the Federation and Klingon Empire through a religious lens. The people see the early arrival of Jonathan Archer (referred to as "the Prophet") as a harbinger of the events that happen later.
A generation after Archer's visit, Klingons invade Maltos IV and enslave the native peoples. The natives see this as a punishment and pray to their gods, the Great Ones, for salvation from the Klingon scourge.
Then, the USS Enterprise arrives and Captain James T. Kirk (referred to as "the Liberator") convinces the people to request his help against the Klingons in order to circumvent the Prime Directive (referred to as "the oath"). The people request Kirk's assistance and he leads them in a rebellion against the Klingons, leading to the Klingon expulsion from Maltos IV.
After achieving victory, Kirk offers the native membership in the Federation, to which they readily agree. Then Kirk departs the planet and the people hold a great celebration, ending with the consumption of the Klingons who had been captured as prisoners.
- It is unknown if the Federation accepted the Maltos IV natives as members once they learned the natives were cannibals.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- the Liberator • the Healer • the Sage • the Way-finder • the Armsman • the Proclaimer • the Machinist
- Referenced only
- the Prophet • Richard Galen
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
- Enterprise (NX-01)
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
Chronology[edit | edit source]
- years prior to 2269
- The Enterprise (NX-01) visits the planet Maltos IV, but leaves because the natives considered Captain Jonathan Archer a madman.
- The crew of the USS Enterprise under the command of Captain James T. Kirk lead the liberation of Maltos IV.
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Timeline[edit | edit source]
A Bad Day for Koloth
|Strange New Worlds 9
The Smallest Choices
Spock Must Die!