Children of Chaos – In May 1994, the 59th issue of DC Comics' 1989 series of Star Trek: The Next Generation comics. The issue consisted of a 24 page story, as written by Michael Jan Friedman. The art was by Deryl Skelton, with Margaret Clark credited as editor.
- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 3 Chronology
- 4 Appendices
The Stargazer travels to Chalna for negotiations with what passes for their semblance of government. The Federation is maintaining a temporary scientific outpost on the planet Ynathaia, which the Chalnoth claim lies within their space. Though Picard promises that the outpost will leave as soon as they have concluded their survey, the more vocal officials demand its immediate removal. Picard accepts a trial by combat, with the prospect of war hanging in the balance. Choosing an Aldebaran sling as the weapon, he ultimately defeats his impressive opponent, winning the Federation colony time to complete their mission and peacefully withdraw.
"Present Day" entry for this article is incomplete
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Antocch • Gilaad Ben Zoma • Beverly Crusher • Jack Crusher • Data • Geordi La Forge • Pathox • Jean-Luc Picard • William Riker • Rory • Tabler • Lisa Takamura • Takamura • Deanna Troi • Worf • unnamed Chalnoth • USS Enterprise-D personnel (unnamed USS Enterprise-D personnel) • unnamed USS Stargazer personnel
Starships and vehicles
- USS Aquitaine • Blade • Bludgeoner (Chalnoth starships) • USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy-class explorer) • USS Stargazer (Constellation-class exploratory cruiser)
- USS Stargazer
Stars and star systems
Planets and planetoids
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Ranks and titles
- captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • counselor • first officer • flight controller • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • operations manager • science officer • second officer • security chief • security
Technology and weapons
- alien • colony • communications • coordinates • diplomacy • energy • humanoid • lifeform • matter • orbit • planet • rank • space • stardate • Starfleet uniform • star • star system • Trygdala storm • uniform • weapon
- The Stargazer is shown with the registry "NCC-7100", even though onscreen it appeared registered as "NCC-2893".
- Jack Crusher is shown with lieutenant commander insignia inside the comic and addressed as commander and science officer. On the cover, he wear's lieutenant's insignia on his uniform. On the cover and in the comic he wears an operations division gold uniform instead of a uniform showing the colors of sciences division, showing his position. He may have had another specialty in operations, and joins a list of science personnel who wear operations colors in Star Trek history, including Marla McGivers and Ann Mulhall.
#58: Bodies of Evidence
|Star Trek: The Next Generation
(DC Comics, series two)
#60: Mother of Madness