- For other uses, see Chrysalis.
- 1 Description
- 2 References
- 3 Chronology
- 4 Appendices
- When the sensors of the USS Voyager detect abundant plant life on an unexplored planet, Captain Janeway leads an away team in search of fresh food supplies. They find lavish gardens inhabited by an enigmatic alien race that holds the gardens sacred. The fragrant blossoms are beautiful, enticing—and far more dangerous than they appear. One by one, the away team begins to fall into deep comas from which they cannot be revived.
- Unwilling to spread the affliction to Voyager, the away team is trapped on the planet until a cure can be found, but their investigation is perceived as desecration by the devout worshippers of the gardens. Pursued by a fanatical mob, slowly succumbing to the insidious effects of the blossoms, Janeway faces either a violent death—or an endless sleep.
- Joseph Carey • Chakotay • The Doctor • Kathryn Janeway • Kayla • Kes • Harry Kim • Neelix • Tom Paris • B'Elanna Torres • Tuvok
Starships and vehicles
- Delta Quadrant • Urrytha
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and technology
Ranks and titles
- away team • blossom • century • corridor • dominos • flood • garden • One Voice • pillar • planet • song • spider-web • year
- VOY episode & novelization: Caretaker: The beginning of Voyager's arc in the Delta Quadrant.
- VOY episode & novelization: Endgame: The end of Voyager's arc in the Delta Quadrant.
In certain printings of this book, the cover art was altered to show a more photo-realistic illustration of Janeway's face, without changes to the rest of the composition. The unaltered artwork was used on foreign editions.
|Voyager numbered novels||Next novel:|
The Black Shore
The 34th Rule
|Journey of the USS Voyager||Next Adventure:|