In the 1600s, the English playwright William Shakespeare fictionalised Cleopatra's relationships with the Romans Julius Caesar and Mark Antony in his play Antony and Cleopatra. While visiting the USS Enterprise in 2266, Lenore Karidian commented that to Captain James T. Kirk that they were "the Caesar of the stars and Cleopatra to worship him." (TOS episode: "The Conscience of the King")
Cleopatra was studied by the 23rd century historian Alexander Lazarus, who created an android, with the psi-clone, and imbued it with Cleopatra's personality and history. This android, like other androids of Lazarus, created a city on Gamma Alpha V. She was likely destroyed in the explosion of Gamma Alpha V in 2264 on Stardate 10:26.3. (TOS comic: "The Legacy of Lazarus")
24th century Section 31 operative L'Haan wore her hair in the style of Cleopatra, and fellow operative Dietz thought she even resembled the monarch. (ST - Section 31 novel: Disavowed, ST - A Time to... novels: A Time to Kill, A Time to Heal)
- Author David A. McIntee named one of his cats Foxy Cleopatra. (DS9 - Seven Deadly Sins short story: "Reservoir Ferengi")
- TOS episode: "The Conscience of the King"
- TOS comic: "The Legacy of Lazarus"
- TOS - New Earth novel: Challenger
- ST - Gateways novel: Chainmail
- ST - Typhon Pact novel: Zero Sum Game
- ST - A Time to... novel: A Time to Kill
- ST - A Time to... novel: A Time to Heal
- ST - Section 31 novel: Disavowed
- ST - The Fall novel: A Ceremony of Losses
- NF novel: Dark Allies