Coloring Book C1862, second story was an original story printed in Coloring Book C1862, a coloring book anthology published by Saalfield Publishing in 1975. The story spawned out of a one-page illustration of Spock making emergency repairs which originally appeared in the 1967 anthology A Book to Color.
After the Enterprise passed a small space station, James T. Kirk redirected the ship's course past an unidentified, cratered planet. Suddenly a large object approached the USS Enterprise. Spock reported it to be fallout from a giant meteor. Unable to evade it in time, it struck the ship's left warp engine nacelle. Spock was able to make repairs before power failed.
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- References in the story
- assignment patch • bridge • meteor • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270)
- References in games
- Galileo (class F shuttlecraft)
- Editor Burton Marks was credited with expanding the three stories originally published in A Book to Color into four stories. (Star Trek coloring books article at the Star Trek Comics Checklist website)
- While many illustrations were new, six pages from this story were repurposed from "A Book to Color, third story". The artwork on pages 4, 19, and 22 appeared unaltered from the other story, while the art on pages 5, 8 and 20 appeared with modifications. Page 16's artwork came from "A Book to Color, second story".
- Two of the new illustrations from this story were reused in Saalfield Publishing's other Star Trek coloring book released in 1975, Coloring Book C1856. Page 22 became that book's title page. The drawing of the Enterprise added to page 5 was reused as the introductory image of the starship in that book.
- Similar to TOS episode: "Balance of Terror", damage was repaired by Spock from underneath the sciences station on the bridge, rather than requiring a damage control team.
- Ship's damage was described as a hit to the "solar panel", an over-simplification for young readers.
- TOS comics: "Invasion of the City Builders", "Where Giants Tread", "Ground Zero" – Other instances when meteor damage was repaired on the USS Enterprise.
A Book to Color, third story
|TOS coloring book stories||Next story:|
Star Trek Colouring Book