Declassified is sixth book in the Star Trek: Vanguard series, but the first anthology, featuring four novellas, one from each of the series' usual authors, plus the first story from former series editor, Marco Palmieri. The four stories take place throughout the run of the series, beginning prior to Harbinger and Distant Early Warning, and ending after Precipice.
- From the back cover
- Secret operations, sealed orders, high-risk military special operations … such dangerous missions have been at the core of the Star Trek Vanguard series since its inception.
- Four great Alpha Quadrant superpowers-the Federation, the Klingon Empire, the Tholian Assembly, and the Romulan Star Empire-have all taken tremendous risks in their race to learn and control the ancient technologies of the ancient interstellar hegemons known as the Shedai.
- Now get ready for four new adventures in the Taurus Reach with the starship crews, undercover agents, civilian colonists, and alien power players of the Vanguard saga. Go back into prehistory and see the reign of the Shedai as it really was; follow journalist Tim Pennington as he investigates the most bizzarre story of his career; see how the Cold War of the original Star Trek era plays out between two groups of colonists-one from the Federation, the other from the Klingon Empire-both facing a natural disaster neither is prepared to survive on its own; or get a glimpse of the lighter side of life aboard Starbase 47…
- "Almost Tomorrow", by Dayton Ward
- "Hard News", by Kevin Dilmore
- "The Ruins of Noble Men", by Marco Palmieri
- "The Stars Look Down", by David Mack
See individual stories
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
See individual stories
|Vanguard books||Next book:|
What Judgments Come
- The cover art is by Doug Drexler, featuring Starbase Vanguard, as designed by Masao Okazaki, under construction. The cover also features two class F shuttlecraft, including the McAuliffe, and the Ptolemy-class USS Al Rashid, which originates from Franz Joseph's Star Fleet Technical Manual.
- Cross Cult's German language edition of the book, titled Enthüllungen, also uses Doug Drexler's artwork.
- The final cover was the second to be designed for the book, the original submission, which featured the USS Enterprise leaving from one of Vanguard's docking bays was rejected by Pocket Books due to being overly similar to previous covers in the series. The first cover was used in early solicitations for the book.
|Stories featuring Starbase Vanguard|
|Star Trek: Vanguard novels||Harbinger • Summon the Thunder • Reap the Whirlwind • Open Secrets • Precipice • What Judgments Come • Storming Heaven|
|Short stories and novellas||Distant Early Warning • The Black Flag • Declassified (Almost Tomorrow • Hard News • The Ruins of Noble Men • The Stars Look Down) • In Tempest's Wake|