Declassified is sixth book in the Star Trek: Vanguard series, but the first anthology, featuring four novellas, one from each of the series' usual authors, plus the first story from former series editor, Marco Palmieri. The four stories take place throughout the run of the series, beginning prior to Harbinger and Distant Early Warning, and ending after Precipice.
- From the back cover
The Taurus Reach: the source of a secret that has driven the great powers of the 23rd Century to risk everything in the race to control it. Now four new adventures—previously untold tales of the past and present, with hints of what it is yet to come—begin the next great phase in the Vanguard saga.
Witness the dawn of Starbase 47, as Ambassador Jetanien faces choices that will shape the future of Operation Vanguard; follow journalist Tim Pennington as he reaches a crossroads in his search for the truth; see how the crises on two colonies transform the lives of Diego Reyes and Rana Desai; and travel with Cervantes Quinn to a deadly confrontation that will change everything—all in one unforgettable Star Trek collection.
"Almost Tomorrow" by Dayton Ward
"Hard News" by Kevin Dilmore
"The Ruins of Noble Men" by Marco Palmieri
"The Stars Look Down" by David Mack
- "Almost Tomorrow", by Dayton Ward
- "Hard News", by Kevin Dilmore
- "The Ruins of Noble Men", by Marco Palmieri
- "The Stars Look Down", by David Mack
See individual stories
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
See individual stories
|Vanguard books||Next book:|
What Judgments Come
- The cover art is by Doug Drexler, featuring Starbase Vanguard, as designed by Masao Okazaki, under construction. The cover also features two class F shuttlecraft, including the McAuliffe, and the Ptolemy-class USS Al Rashid, which originates from Franz Joseph's Star Fleet Technical Manual.
- Cross Cult's German language edition of the book, titled Enthüllungen, also uses Doug Drexler's artwork.
- The final cover was the second to be designed for the book, the original submission, which featured the USS Enterprise leaving from one of Vanguard's docking bays was rejected by Pocket Books due to being overly similar to previous covers in the series. The first cover was used in early solicitations for the book.
|Stories featuring Starbase Vanguard|
|Star Trek: Vanguard novels||Harbinger • Summon the Thunder • Reap the Whirlwind • Open Secrets • Precipice • What Judgments Come • Storming Heaven|
|Short stories and novellas||Distant Early Warning • The Black Flag • Declassified (Almost Tomorrow • Hard News • The Ruins of Noble Men • The Stars Look Down) • In Tempest's Wake|