From the back cover: A routine diplomatic mission to the water-world Akkalla becomes a nightmarish search for a missing Spock and Chekov, a search that plunges Admiral Kirk headlong into a corrupt government's desperate struggle to retain power.
For both a Federation Science outpost and Akkalla's valiant freedom fighters have begun uncovering the ancient secrets hidden beneath her tranquil oceans. Secrets whose exposure may mean civil war for the people of Akkalla - and death for the crew of the Starship Enterprise.
- Pavel Chekov • James T. Kirk • Seena Maybri • Leonard McCoy • Cynthia McPhillips • Naw-Rocki • Enzo Piretti • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
- Referenced only
- Sahji Maybri • Reilly
Starships and vehicles
- Akkalla • Starbase 18
- Referenced only
- Erithia • Mars Base • Rannica III • Sector R-973 • Shoratoa IV • Spyrion VII • Vestra • Vestra V
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- Collegium • Continental Synod • Federation Science Council • Grolian Guard • Starfleet • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet Command • United Federation of Planets
Ranks and titles
- admiral • chief engineer • commander • communications officer • doctor • emperor • helmsman • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • magister • overlord • publican • science officer
Science and technology
- bridge • captain's log • cargo deck • chocolate • dragon • English language • government • Italian language • mastig • observation deck • puppy • stardate • Starfleet uniform (2278-2350s)
- This story takes place from stardate 7823.6, in 2278, at the end of the Enterprise's second five-year mission.
Chain of Attack
|TOS numbered novels||Next novel:|
Dreams of the Raven
The Name of the Cat
The Captain's Daughter (Chapters 15-17)