Double Image is a Star Trek: The Original Series comic published by DC Comics in 1985. The comic was written by Mike W. Barr, with art by Tom Sutton and Ricardo Villagran. It is the tenth comic in DC's first TOS comic series, and the second part of the New Frontiers story-arc. In the issue the mirror universe Enterprise crew make an incursion into the primary universe, while Captain Kirk, his crew, and their captured Klingon Bird-of-Prey are taken by the USS Excelsior to Starbase 13.
Summary[edit | edit source]
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
Log entries[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 8216.4
- We are at last ready to pierce the dimensional veil, and enter the parallel univerves that lies beyond, as the Empire commands.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- William Bearclaw • Nancy Bryce • Pavel Chekov • Garrett • Amanda Grayson • James T. Kirk • Konom • March • Carol Marcus • Leonard McCoy • Saavik • Sarek • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Styles • Hikaru Sulu • T'Lar • Nyota Uhura
- Mirror universe
- Pavel Chekov • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Saavik • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- IKS B'rel (B'rel-class) • USS Courageous (Miranda-class) • ISS Enterprise (Constitution-class heavy cruiser) • USS Excelsior • NCC-1701/3 (shuttlecraft) • Starbase 13 defense fighters • workbee • unnamed ISS Enterprise shuttlecraft (Saavik's shuttle)
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Related stories[edit | edit source]
- New Frontiers (TOS comic miniseries) - This is the second part of the New Frontiers story arc, continuing on from the previous issue which established a mirror universe plot, Spock's continued recovery following the events of The Search for Spock, Kirk and crew visiting Regula I, and Starfleet assigning Captain Styles and the Excelsior to go to Regula to retrieve Kirk and his crew. The story continues into the next six issues as Kirk and his colleges work to stop their mirror universe counterparts.
- "Mirror, Mirror" (TOS episode) - This issue uses the mirror universes originally established in this episode, and mimics the universe transition effect seen in that episode when the mirror-Enterprise travels to the primary universe.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
... Promises to Keep
first DC monthly series
... Promises to Keep
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|