After staying up all night in a futile attempt to come up with a plot for the next issue of Star Trek: New Visions, John Byrne nods off to sleep on his couch. Suddenly, he is awakened by Captain James T. Kirk, who has beamed to Byrne's living room along with Spock and Leonard McCoy. Kirk desperately needs Byrne's help to get them out of a situation, so all four beam up to the USS Enterprise.
On the bridge, Byrne discovers that the Enterprise is engaged against a fleet of 100 Romulan and Klingon battlecruisers. Since Byrne has gotten the ship out of trouble two dozen times before, Kirk asks for his help now. Byrne sits in the captain's chair and asks for Montgomery Scott to channel all power into the ship's phasers, for Hikaru Sulu to prepare to fire in all directions, and for Pavel Chekov to set a course closer to all of the enemy ships.
As Byrne gives the order to fire, he awakens on his couch to discover it was all a dream. Then McCoy transports back to his living room to retrieve a communicator he'd accidentally left there.
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class heavy cruiser) • D7-class Klingon battlecruisers • Stormbird-class Romulan battlecruisers
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- alert status (red alert) • assignment patch • bridge • captain's chair • corridor • history • lemonade • logic • second • sickbay • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • transporter room
- See also: Star Trek within Star Trek
- This story takes place at John Byrne's house, presumably around the time the story was published, January 2019.
- The title refers to the popular song "Dream a Little Dream of Me". (Dream a Little Dream of Me article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)
- TOS - The New Voyages short story: "Visit to a Weird Planet Revisited" – In December 1967, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley beam aboard the starship USS Enterprise.
- TOS comic: "Getting Real" – During a time travel mission to 1983, the Enterprise travels to an alternate reality where Star Trek is a popular TV and film series
- TOS - Strange New Worlds short story: "Make-Believe" – In October 2003, a six-year-old boy uses Star Trek to cope with the loss of his father in the Iraq War.
#22: An Unexpected Yesterday
An Unexpected Yesterday
Star Trek: The Next Generation—X-Men
Days of Future Past timeline
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
The Rings of Time
Chapters 1, 3, 5