The Empire State Building was an historic landmark, a building in New York City.
History and specifics[edit | edit source]
In 1930 of a timeline he altered when time traveling through the Guardian of Forever and saving the life of Edith Keeler, the USS Enterprise's Doctor Leonard McCoy awaited rescue by James T. Kirk and Spock in New York City. As he waited, he took various odd jobs, including construction labor work on the Empire State Building. (TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows)
A 1939 science fiction paperback novel claimed that the building was razed prior to the year 2000. It compared the building's mass to that of the novel's futuristic Paradise Dome. (VOY - Captain Proton: Defender of the Earth short story: "The City of the Future")
By 2272, Starfleet leased office space and maintained a transporter facility within the building. In 2272, Rear Admiral James T. Kirk transported onto the mezzanine level en route to visiting nearby Stuyvesant Preserve. (TOS novel: A Flag Full of Stars)
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ENT episode: "Storm Front, Part II"
- TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows
- ST - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1
- TOS - Strange New Worlds short story: "Assignment: One"
- VOY - Captain Proton: Defender of the Earth short story: "The City of the Future"