- After beaming down onto the planet Razlak, Captain Kirk and his men are attacked by the deadly clinging Dags, a hairy horde of deadly parasites who attach themselves to alien visitors and sap the lifeblood from their veins...
During the Enterprise's exploration of Razlak, a flock of flying dags lash onto the landing party's bodies and start sapping their strength. Spock suggests the parasites could be removed safely by exposing them to extreme variations in temperature on the surface. The nearby River Niezia has freezing currents, and caverns under the erupting Klaak volcano provide sweltering heat. Leonard McCoy believes it will work as long as the people aren't exposed too long. During the trip, they dodge more flocks of dags and avoid a native, non-humanoid culture while combatting fatigue.
- Razlak (River Nezia • Klaak)
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Ranks and titles
- beam • dag • death • Federation Starfleet ranks (2260s) • lava • lightning • mutant • plant • river • sleep • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • tunnel • volcano • water
- Other World Distributors board games
- The endpaper illustration in the Annual featured a green, non-humanoid entity who shared some similarities with the beings labeled as Razlak mutants in the game.
- This game and "Space Chase" were printed in between "A Bomb in Time" and "Furlough to Fury" in the Annual, suggesting a placement in 2266 between those two adventures.
A Hint of Life
|Star Trek board games||Next comic:|
Star Trek Game (UK)
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
Furlough to Fury
|Voyages of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), Year Two||Next comic:|
Furlough to Fury