Experience The Enterprise was a tie-in website for the movie Star Trek, the site uses augmented reality technology: using a the user's webcam to detect a printable image which then displays an interactive 3-D model of the USS Enterprise which moves with the image. In addition to the model the site gives technical and historical information on the Enterprise and allows the user to test the starship's systems. As of March, 2019, this site appears to be dead and redirects to a generic landing page.
- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 3 Appendices
Summary[edit | edit source]
The site describes itself as a holographic simulation for Starfleet cadets, with the printed image identified as the cadet's "security pass", the simulation has five stages describing different area's of the Enterprise, stage one is an introduction to the simulator, the other four stages are:
USS Enterprise overview[edit | edit source]
- Constitution-class heavy cruiser
- Designer: W. Matt Jefferies
- Constructed by Starfleet at the San Francisco Fleet Yards.
- Mass: 4 950 000 metric tonnes
- Lenght: 2500 feet
- Diameter: 1100 feet
- Height: 625 feet
- Decks: 41
Primary hull[edit | edit source]
- G-deck: Sickbay
- F-deck: Personnel transporter room
- D & E-deck: Officer and crew quarters for crew complement of 1 100.
- A-deck: Bridge.
Secondary hull[edit | edit source]
- Deck 35 : cargo and hangar bay, housing sixteen short range shuttlecraft.
- Decks 28-29 : Primary engineering control.
- Primary hull weapons: Multiple phaser batteries.
- Secondary hull weapons: Twin type 4 photon torpedo launch tubes above navigational deflector.
- Photon payload equivalent to 65 megatonnes.
Propulsion capabilities[edit | edit source]
- Primary propulsion from impulse engines.
- Twin warp nacelles: Leeding FWG-1 model.
- Maximum warp equivalent to 2600 times the speed of light.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Pavel Chekov • W. Matt Jefferies • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- bridge • cargo bay • engineering • hangar bay • primary hull • San Francisco Fleet Yards • secondary hull • transporter room
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
- impulse engine • FWG-1 • matter-antimatter reaction • navigational deflector • phaser battery • photon torpedo • speed of light • type 4 photon torpedo launch tube • warp core • warp nacelle