- This article is about the New Visions comic book. You may be looking for TAS episode & novelization: The Eye of the Beholder, TNG novel: The Eyes of the Beholders or TNG episode: "Eye of the Beholder".
- Back cover
- John Byrne presents all-new, feature-length tales set in the Star Trek: The Original Series universe, done in a unique, one-of-a-kind photomontage style... Also includes... an all-new bonus take fans of the original Gold Key comics will love!
- Arex Na Eth • James T. Kirk • Christine Chapel • Leonard McCoy • Janice Rand • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- bridge • delusional • Great Galaxies • imagination • landing party • Security Unit • Standard Operating Procedures • star happy • Thank the nine spheres • transporter room • Why in the name of space
- This was an extra story included in the New Visions, Volume 2 collection.
- This story was a homage to the old Gold Key Star Trek comic series and the various inconsistencies there were between it and the television series such as the different appearances of such sets as the transporter room and the bridge as the artist was never shown any photos or depictions of the ones in the show, or the appearances of the characters. (Montgomery Scott now being a different looking blond haired male). The same goes for the dialogue in the comics with everyone address doctor McCoy as "Bones" such as Spock and Janice Rand and not just James T. Kirk. There was also a lot of "Space slang" which also featured in this story despite that none of these expressions were actually used on the series. (They fitted more the tone of writing found in general science fiction comics and books at the time and were most likely used as the writers may believed that Star Trek was similar to those.)
- The final panel is a homage to Star Trek: The Animated Series.
New Visions, Volume 1
(New Visions omnibus)
New Visions, Volume 3
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.