In the 2260s, the style of uniforms were changed slightly to introduce a new variety of colors into the uniform. Instead of the dull mustard, gray, and blue colors of the 2250s, the three separate divisions were given the bright colors of blue, red, and gold.
In one alternate reality, a version of James T. Kirk existed, serving in Starfleet with a variant uniform from the standard universe. Kirk's boots, pants and collar were umber instead of black, and his tunic division color was purple. The doppelganger's insignia as captain was identical to the real Kirk's. (TOS comic: "The Choice")
|Federation Starfleet rank eras|
|2160s • 2230s • 2240s-2260s • 2260s • 2270s • 2278-2350s • 2350s-2360s • 2360s-2370s • 2370s-2380s • early 2380s • 2386-2400s • 29th century • 32nd century • alternate histories: alternate reality 2250s • alternate reality 2390s/2400s|
|See also: Federation Starfleet ranks • United Earth Starfleet ranks • MACO ranks|
- Insignia used in TOS.
- Uniform style on cadet on Deep Space Station K-7. (TOS episode: "The Trouble with Tribbles"; DS9 episode: "Trials and Tribble-ations")
- Low-visibility uniform style on special operations team. (TOS - Unlimited comic: "None But the Brave")
- Rank insignia derived from FASA RPG module: Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook
- Gold uniforms for command division based on observations, stated in DS9 episode: "Trials and Tribble-ations".
- Red uniforms for operations division based on observations, stated in DS9 episode: "Trials and Tribble-ations".
- Blue uniforms for sciences division based on observations of TOS.
- Crewman Green; Ensign Pavel Chekov. (TOS episodes: "The Man Trap", "Catspaw")
- Green substituted for gold command uniforms in variants worn by James T. Kirk, et al. (TOS episode: "Charlie X", etc.)
- Crewman Edward Rayburn; Lieutenant Marla McGivers; Ensign Rizzo (TOS episodes: "What Are Little Girls Made Of?", "Space Seed", "Obsession")
- Beige substituted for red ops uniforms in variants worn by outpost officers. (TOS episodes: "Arena", "Balance of Terror")
- Crewman Sturgeon; Lieutenant Charlene Masters; Ensign Christine Chapel (TOS episodes: "The Man Trap", "The Alternative Factor", "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
- Elizabeth Cassady (ST comic: "Mission's End")
- Insignia used in Star Fleet Technical Manual without explanation of difference from canon admiral insignia.