Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
- "Right now I'm on the bridge of the toughest, fastest, most powerful ship Starfleet ever put into service. And I got a fleet of them at my back."
- —William T. Riker, 2399[src]
History and specificationsEdit
- The assembled fleet all had similar planforms to Zheng He, with minor differences in warp nacelle arrangement and hull detailing. None of the vessels were labeled with names or registry numbers. Riker described the ship as the most formidable vessel ever fielded by Starfleet, meaning that the great number of like vessels was supposed to represent a significant display of military potential.
- The Zheng He bridge was a re-dress of the USS Discovery bridge set.
- The class of the ship itself was not named in any production mentioning the vessel, although showrunner Michael Chabon has had social media conversations stating class names he would like to give these vessels. On his Instagram story (transcript here), he initially said it that Zheng He belonged to the Curiosity class, which had been the class he earlier specified for the USS ibn Majid. When this inconsistency was pointed out, he consulted with others on the production team, and provided corrected information to admins of Memory Alpha, which designated the Zheng He as an Inquiry-class heavy cruiser.
Appearances and referencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.